cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

angel01madrid

I Need Help !!

My quit day is Oct 8th, 2019. Just reading these posts make me want to smoke. My day is almost here and I have to do this. I must do this. My life means a lot to me. God is not finished with me yet. I don't have anything great to say and I don't know how to help anyone because I can't help myself. I have health issue's and I need to quit now. I need to quit for those who love me and for those whom I could be helping If I did not smoke. I want to be a leader and not a follower.

I wish this country would just ban cigarettes. Or maybe even charge $25.00 a pack. I bet that would stop a lot of us and use that money to pay for health care. I am getting ready for Quit day, like a soldier at war. Except the war is with me.

Tags (2)
25 Replies
angel01madrid

I believe I can Fly.

0 Kudos
Roj

Please read that book “it’s easy to quit” by Alan Carr I think....it has done amazing things making your mind understand it’s strong and you should not fear quitting but celebrate...helped me for sure but I’m only on day 2....you can do it and what a great gift you will have....life, breath....

blankthatjuul

I wish the cost was an effective deterrent but I fear even making smoking/vaping illegal would barely make a difference in helping most people quit. Free, expensive or outlawed, it would be the same for me. Cigarettes here cost $16/pk already

GyorgyiM

ALL of the above......................and in addition your half way there just by making the choice.

Perhaps don't perceive it as a WAR per say....but as a sense of RELIEF...that you are on a journey to a wonderful, joyful and healthy lifestyle from the MOMENT you stop.

The side effects are different for everyone and they are just TEMPORARY!!!

There is NO better sense of "high" than the feelings and emotions of being healthy....

Know what?

YOU CAN DO THIS !!!

Miles of Smiles,

Gyorgyi

angel01madrid

Yes, I can,  because of people like you.

Exvape

Read Alan Carr’s book plus on you tube I found some interviews with him...quite inspiring...great help in owning the decision and then becoming quite zealous in protecting the decision to be an ex smoker-Exvaper. Once you overcome that needy feeling you will be on your way...this site has great support for accomplishing this magnificent objective.

best of luck

Exvape- as you can see I am 7 days quit. Had one really bad day so far. Bad days will come and go and the cigs/vapes don’t improve them. It’s just an illusion.

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  Congrats on your DECISION to quit.  Want to do it instead of forcing yourself.  Turn you're thinking around and will make it possible for you.  It's not easy, so that's why it's so important to educate yourself about nicotine and have your quit plan in place.  Do it one day at a time and those days will translate to success.   The people on this site are proof that you can do this also.   We're here to support you on your journey.  We'll be here celebrating with you on the 8th.

Barbara

angel01madrid

That was so motivating. I can and will do this.

0 Kudos
angel01madrid

Thank everyone so much. I am just learning my way around so If I don't respond to someone, I am sorry.

The response was unbelievable. You are the wind beneath my wings. I am so grateful and I appreciate you. 

Barbscloud

We truly want to share what we've found.

FREEDOM

Barb