cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Anite

I NEED ASSISTANCE TO GET OVER MY CRAVINGS TODAY

Today marks my one month quit!!! I can't start to explain the craving I experience.  I need help!!

PLEASE

Anite 

Tags (1)
38 Replies
maryfreecig

`       You had your reasons for quitting. They still matter. You worked it 30 days so something in you is willing to not smoke. Reverting back to the addiction is not uncommon. But many do think about how we got off track and how we are going to get back on track. Killing the dependency can hurt like hell, I know, I've been there. Today I'm free, and it really is sweet Anite. It is for you too. No smoker is the exception. We are all capable of ending the dependency and attachment to cigarettes. 

jconfusion

well first of all you need to decide im going to quit smoking and stick to it, there are lots of different ways to curve the addiction for me it was my cat and I used Nicorette gum,  then patches lol hypnosis,  and the inhaler.stop hanging out with ppl who smoke, meditate, start new habit's, start exercising, i bet itll get a lot easier for everyday you have quit.

elvan

Anite‌ How are you doing NOW?  Thinking of you.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Anite

Hi Ellen, thanks for thinking of me.  I am ashamed to tell you that I bought a packet of cigarettes and is back to smoking.

Since stopped smoking I gained 15kg weight and no clothes fitting.  I found that I kept on eating.  No gum, nothing helped me. Already I can feel my body changing and it is easier to move lighter. 

My lungs are not complaining yet, but I know it is coming soon and guess what, I will quit again and again until I get the solution.

Thanks for your interest.

0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

Dear Anite‌  I thought I was going to go out of my mind also with the weight gain, but it is much better to hold a bit of extra weight vs. smoking!  I can't preach it enough!  Quit first, weight later!  I have found that it is okay to eat, but also need to add exercise to the mix if going to eat more!  I am one week away now from quitting a year ago, and have begun to drop a few pounds!  It takes a few to get back to the balance of life without smoking!  Stopping one addiction can certainly lead you into another, and food tends to be the next in line to take the place of smoking.  We need to conquer our addictive behaviors and learn the true meaning of addiction so that we don't turn to something else!  If you conquer the nicotine addiction, you can conquer anything!  Don't give up!  You are healthier with more weight than damaged lungs! 

0 Kudos
Anite

Hi Sandy

Everything you say is so true and I know it!!!  I was close to 40 days.  Believe you me.  My husband is totally disgusted with me. But ok, as soon as my 2 packets are finished I will go back suffering the withdrawals.

elvan

Anite‌ I am so sorry to hear that you are smoking...PLEASE keep in mind that you can ALWAYS lose weight but once you are on oxygen 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...you can't lose that damage.  Thanks for replying and for your honesty.  We will be here when you get back.

Ellen

maryfreecig

I can so relate to wanting to keep feeling normal and smoking seemed to define that. I felt helpless when I quit. But I knew that that did not make sense...how could something have this kind of power over me. To nurse my upside down feelings I drank a lot of coffee, ate a lot of food. I started to calm down some months after my quit. From there the pieces came back together, including maintaining a weight I can live with. But the helplessness died down bit by bit. Some can handle heroically calling their quit good and done. Good for them. But many of us have to relearn life. Guess it's another turtle and rabbit story. Keep the faith that you can find your happiness again after quitting--cuz you can.

elvan

maryfreecig‌ Yep, I would have to say I am a turtle...damn rabbits passed me many times.  I worked at it, FINALLY got to the point where I completely BELIEVED it but I will not lie and tell  you it was easy.