cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jen_819

I Made It

I made it through yesterday without smoking! YAY ME! It was a challenge, but I swear by coming to this site when I am struggling. It just keeps you busy long enough to pass the stupid urge. I made fun of myself all day/night when I was talking with coworkers and my family telling them about my day. Then on my ride home there was an Ohio State Highway Patrol following me for quite awhile and all I could think was, geez if he pulls me over this will REALLY end my day on a high note. He would think I was nuts because I would've just started laughing when he walked up to my window. (He probably would've had me sent to the nut house haha) He didn't pull me over though   Today is Day 10 of Freedom for me and I am not letting go. One of my work friends asked if I wanted to go for a drink after work last night and I had to decline because I knew it would impact my quit, it's just too early, and he smokes. (He actually scouted out a place we could go that had an outside smoking area ugh) I need a few more weeks under my belt before I can do that, just a personal thing that I know I am not ready for yet. 

13 Replies

Way to go Jen_819‌! Great that you know you're not ready for a drink. I'm still not ready for a social drink. I've had one or two at home since I quit but that's it. 

meWisconsin

Congratulations on your 10 days of freedom from cigarettes. Good job on not going out for a drink after work.

Terry

Keep up the good quit

Barbscloud

Congrats on 10 days Jen.   You're successes continue you to grow.  Keep laughing!

Barb

Jen_819

Thank you! I owe a lot of my success to my Ex group! Without all of you I would not be at 10 DOF!!!