cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

I Did It

I did it!  Yesterday I expressed my fear of passing my old cigarette pick up store.  Last night I feared going to the train station to pick up my husband and knowing I needed gas in the car, so I didn't get gas at the station.  This morning, through self-"yelling", I marched into the gas station and said "$11 on 7".  Very funny how the place I use to get cigarette was 7/11.  I filled up my tank and said "I'm proud of you Michelle.  Now go and get ready for work".  I did it!  Going on day 6.  Day 5 was WON.

39 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Check that trigger off your list! Good job!

(P.S.  It will be easier next time - but good idea to keep going to different places, anyway)

Nancy

MichelleDiane

Thanks Nancy.  I feel pretty good at this moment.  I am proud of my actions this morning (or should I say non-action).  I am at work now and feel good to be back in the land of the living.  After all I quit smoking to live.  Make it a wonderful smoke free day and thanks again.

Regards,

Michelle

dwwms

Good for you!! Even after 9 months now, the smoke shop downtown and the gas station / smoke shop near home still make me pause. It's not a big deal but ole nic can't seem to pass up the opportunity to make you think!

You're doing this!

Doug

MichelleDiane

Thanks Doug.  I knew I wasn't alone

JACKIE1-25-15

Somethings we learn we can do if we just do them.  Baby steps, one day at a time.  Congratulations on 6 days you are almost through hell week.  Keep stacking those days. 

MichelleDiane

Thanks Jackie 1-25-15.  I am definitely in today.  Life is good.

Mandolinrain

YOU are ROCKING IT!!!!!

gregp136

You not only won day five, you kicked it's puny little butt!!!!  You are doing so great!!

MichelleDiane

Thank you greg.  I read about the Playground.  So playful and upbeat.  Loved it.  Perhaps I can join everyone

-Michelle

0 Kudos