cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

michael8

I AM NEW!!!

I just came to this program two days ago. I was with another program that my insurance company referred me to with the goal of stopping smoking. I tried Chantix but the medicine had a bad reaction with me. Then they sent me patches. I had quit for sixteen days. I ended up staying up all night and eventually I bought cigarettes to stay up. I called the support number and was told that I called too much and now could only call once a week. They had told me that I could call for all the support I needed. Then when the chips were down they sold me out. I needed support but apparently I wasn't going to get it from a for-profit company. I guess I wasn't cost effective. Fortunately someone on the companies forum page had a link to this page and I found this program where I can get and give support to people quitting smoking without a stack of dead presidents presiding over it all. I also realize that I have to track my triggers and practice separation before my quit. This program works I have heard people attest to me. I look forward to a live without cigarettes and I realize that a journey of one thousand miles begins with a single step.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
angel6

Mike

I have been visiting this site every day for the last month. You will never get "written off" here. This is the best program I have ever used. I did work the Ex program... and so far it has worked for me. I quit cold turkey 12 days ago. Of course this program uses the "kitchen sink" method of quitting, so whatever helps... NRT's, Patch, acupuncture, Dum-Dum's, use it!!! The best part of this is the support.... amazing!! No matter what you are going through, at any given moment, one of us has gone through the same thing and can help you out!

Welcome!
0 Kudos
krissy6

Hi Jackie,

My quit day was Wednesday the 16th. I stopped at the store that morning and bought the patch actually two boxes as they were on sale!! After reading your email, I logged onto the whyquite site and did alot of reading and during the time I was reading, I ripped off the patch and said, Well, there goes $60 but it all makes sense!!! So, here I am, today, Friday July 18, 2008 and hopefully it will be my LAST day of nicotine. I have tried several times to quit, the first was for 5 years and I used the patch that time, the last few times I did cold turkey, so we'll see!!! Thanks for the website.
0 Kudos
michael8

Thank you everyone for the support and welcome to the program. The program asked me on a scale of 1-10 how confident I am that I will not be smoking in a year. After the response to my first post I would rate my confidence as a 100. Thanks to all of you and I hope I can help others too.
0 Kudos
angela30

I'm new to, I just came on board yesterday...nice to meet you and good luck....
0 Kudos