cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

iluvredrocks

Hypnosis

I've heard the advertisements before, and even thought about shelling out the $60 for it before but now that I belong to becomeanex.org I wanted to know what everyone's opinions (from experience or not) were on the hypnosis quit smoking seminars. Please feel free to add in your comments if you've had a private session with a hypnotherapist as well for this. 

Both mentally and physically I'm about 75% ready to quit for all the right reasons though I'm not too confident in the concept. Hypnosis may be one of those things that could give me that extra 'boost' in the right direction.  

Thanks~ Ginger

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hangzhou

I don't know anything about it.

Why do you think you need to be hypnotized?

You may find that, in the beginning, in addition to the lousy feelings of withdrawal you'll have (if you know you'll have them, it's easier to fight them), you may find yourself to be especially prone to sleep.  For this reason, I suggest starting to quit on a weekend when you can curl up in bed and be a zombie and hopefully sleep a lot for two days.

The nicotine has to work it's way out of your system, so what better way to wait it out than to sleep?

Of course, eventually you'll get out of bed and still have to deal with the fact that you're a smoker.

Wait.....

Were you a smoker when you were ten years old?  If not, are you in fact a smoker or are you a non-smoker who has fallen into this poisonous habit?  

A lot of people at this site can give you encouraging tips.  But everything starts with you and whether you want to quit or not. Hey.  Why wouldn't you want to quit?

0 Kudos
mnflamensfeld

I've never tried it to quit smoking, but I did try it to lose weight and it didn't work.  It was a sham.  I would say try other things first before you do any sort of group hypnotism.  Don't waste your money.

0 Kudos