cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

noknowing

How to re quit

Jump to solution

Hey guys- I had almost 18 months and relapsed. I’ve been smoking now for a week and a day- it’s not even half what it was before but I know it’s getting there. Feeling super defeated and could use some support!! How do I set a quit date when I don’t want to at all but I don’t want to become what I was. 

Tags (1)
14 Replies
elvan

Welcome back, stay close to the site, come here every morning and every evening and read blogs, read comments, pay attention to what is working, we are all on the same journey.  You CAN do this.

Ellen

noknowing

Thanks everyone this was so good to read. I did quit for 11 days but it was such torture that I slipped up yesterday. I am really having to get in the headspace that smoking does nothing for me. I definitely smoked to distract myself from problems all the while just creating a new problem. I also haven’t done a good job at feeling proud of myself. Even with eleven days I felt no sense of pride and just was depressed. I have to get back on this horse and not retrain my brain to be an addict. I will keep posting. 

Barbscloud

We're still pulling for you.  Never give up!

Barb

0 Kudos
gregp136

Did you spend a lot of time on here?  What did you do wrong?  What can you do differently?

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Early quitting is often filled with weird feelings so expecting to feel good and not getting that can be super disappointing. Learning to accept that you are not going to pick up is hard but very doable. Stick with Ex, keep working at your goal to quit. You can get this done on your say so one day a time.

0 Kudos