cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cat52

How to handle quitting when you live with people who smoke?

I am just needing a little support today. I am on day 4 of quitting and feel today has been the hardest day so far. I have smoked for 35 yrs and I feel particularly empty today. I really want this more than anything. I guess I just need some reassurance that I will be happy and comfortable in my own skin again. My husband and my oldest daughter smoke and are not ready to quit. I can not use them as an excuse to slip...but it makes it much harder. Thanks, Cat52

10 Replies
cat52

Thanks for the encouragement and the book recommendation. Reading is something that distracts me from smoking so I am going to look into getting that book. It also helps to know that you, like me, had smoked for a very long time. Sometimes my mind tries to rationalize smoking by me thinking that "It has been too long...I will never be able to stick with it  and I have probably already damaged myself too much to make any difference in my health." I appreciate your encouragement and look forward to continuing on this journey with you.

0 Kudos