cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pat12

How is everyone doing

Hi all

I quit on March 26th. I cant believe that im smoke free for 6 months. Nice to be able to go places and not worry where im going to find a place to smoke. Also Like the fact that there is no more stinky tobaccoo smell around me ,my car, and my home. wooohooo.

Hope u all have done as well
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
missy-thomas

Way to go exer!!!!!! I am hoping to be quitting in March of 09!!! I am sooo Happy for you keep up the great work!!! xoxoxo missy from Fla.
0 Kudos
matt2250

I was wondering if anybody is using the lozenges to help them quit.
0 Kudos
matt2250

I'm looking for all the help I can get right now.
0 Kudos
matt2250

So far the cravings haven't been too bad during the past couple of days. I know it'll get worse before it'll get better. I've noticed that I've got more trouble at work than any where else.
0 Kudos
matt2250

It seems like the worst nic fits happen at work. Only suffered minor ones outside of work.
0 Kudos
sandra5

Hi Matt, My first smoke-free day was March 3, 2009 - that means I'm on the evening of Day 3. See if you can get a copy of Allen Carr's audio book "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" - 5 CDs I just put in my vehicle on Day 1 -- listening has helped me change my perspective -- making it easier!!!
0 Kudos
teresa15

Hey Matt. I am using Chantix and it seems to be working well. Having a positive attitude helps. Stay strong! All the cravings will pass. For me I think its a matter of developing better habits.
0 Kudos
teresa15

Allen Carr's book "The East Way to Quit Smoking" is available online for free. Do a google search: Penquin books +Allen Carr and it should be the first selection. Great book! I don't think I could have mentally handled attempting to quit without it.
0 Kudos
matt2250

Thanks for the information. So far everything is going okay. I'll be doing a google search here soon for Allen Carr's book. I can use Allen Carr's book. At the beginning I had the most trouble at work and now it's getting a little bit more difficult. The first few days were pretty easy to get through. Now it's getting harder. Thanks again for the information.
0 Kudos