cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Noahchappy2

How do i quit vaping after doing it for so long, without losing my girlfriend in the process?

Im 18 years old, birthday was last week, and I dont know how to quit vaping. I feel like I've vaped so much, to the point where there’s so much nicotine coursing in my body that if i try quit ill lose my mind. Ive been doing it 2-3 years now. I work a full time job and everyone around me in construction smokes cigarettes on break so idk what to do. I feel that As soon as i try to quit i will lose my girlfriend because I'm so tensely agitated without it. My relationship with my woman is worth more than anything to me and yet i still want to do it. I want to quit so excruciatingly much but i feel like no matter how hard i try, i just end up going and buying another vape as soon as i throw last one away in an attempt to quit. What can i do to keep the withdrawals from killing my relationship? What can i do to ease the withdrawals? What will make the craving cease? Please, I need help. 

12 Replies
constanceclum

Equate patches at Walmart are $26.00 for 2 weeks of patches. They also have Equate lozenges and gum. I used to spend a minimum of $60.00 for cigarettes in 2 weeks. If you don't have the money for 14 patches, you can get 7 for $15.00.

Connie

0 Kudos
Noahchappy2

thank you that was very helpful and informative !

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 8:07 AM constanceclum <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
VAPEASDEADLY

tell your girl what you are doing. Go cold turkey and  hang on for the ride.

DO NOT USE NRT's!!! Nicotine in anyform! NO NO  NO.

Quit, suck it up. you get past the crazies one hell of lot quicker going Cold Turkey

I have play the NRT route several times over the last 30 year and it always lead back to the addiction.