cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Redhead101

How do i get threw the morning ?

I use to drinking coffee  with my cig ,I'm like a pot and half drinker far as my coffee  any suggestions

15 Replies
LanaKay

Thank you. I have gained a ton of weight since I quit. Shortly after quitting I was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica and prescribed prednisone which added to the weight gain. I’ve tapered down to 6mg now so hopefully I’ll lose some of what I’ve gained. I was hospitalized with diverticulitis last spring so I have to be kind of careful what I eat. Raw veggies etc are out. I never had a weight problem when I smoked so this is new for me but I’m working at it! Glad to be a quitter though!

Sent from my iPhone

Mandolinrain

I took coffee out of the equation and changed my routine 100%. Change is good . Instead I got up and drank a quart of water. I drank tea also. I never just sat down and had my tea like I used to with my coffee. I put on morning news or music and just got son with my day taking a break now and then to sip at my tea.....Then proceeded to morning barn chores followed by a work out or a walk or both. I also drank and still do, a lot of water throughout my day. I pretty much have stuck with routine for over 5 years and it suits me well. I do have coffee now in the morning now and I believe I was somewhere around month 3-4 when I had it again. I also still enjoy tea instead in replacement of tea

0 Kudos
Swanbird

I had the same fear!  I drank it in my house where I didn’t smoke and didn’t drink much as much.  I had a few sips got dressed and got out of there!  Go somewhere anywhere! If you work set the alarm for later be rushed to get out.  Do the same if you don’t work set your alarm to get out!

0 Kudos
KateGonnaQuit

This will help me!

My quit date is set for the 17th, and morning coffee is the only thing that I haven't figured out how to handle, and I love my coffee. However, I do tend to have long, lazy mornings and not allowing myself the time for that may just be the trick!  Thanks!

Swanbird

Keep in

touch!  Let me know how you are doing!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I treated myself to a frozen Hershey Kiss with my coffee in the morning.  What's better than coffee AND chocolate to start the day, and got that hit of dopamine from it then, too!