cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Heathly2

How do I quit nicotine lozenges?

Not sure how this works. I am not smoking but dependent on lozenges. How do I quit?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JustinHoot99

I'm no expert on NRT but I'd say you quit the same way you quit any form of nicotine.  People who smoke are addicted to nicotine, not smoke.  If there was no nicotine in cigarettes, nobody would continue to ingest smoke.  Everything that applies to quitting smoking applies to quitting lozenges.  

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Good morning @Heathly2   When did you quit?   How long have you been using the lozenges?  I've been doing some reading and don't see anything specific about how to stop lozenges/gum if someone becomes addicted.  It seems the best approach would be to use the same techniques used to quit smoking.  Come up with a quit plan like you would for smoking.  Substituting some gum or hard candy may be helpful.

Please let us know how you're doing.  We're here to support you.

Barb

0 Kudos
Heathly2

I appreciate your input. Just having support helps me the most. Don’t know why. It’s how I’m wired. Thank you. Sarah 

Kimshine

@Heathly2 Most of us are wired for support. That's why we're here to give and recieve support. 

I agree with the suggestions above on how to quit the lozenges. 

Have you quit? Do you have a plan for it? We can help support you! 😊 

0 Kudos
Heathly2

Thought I replied. You’re supposed to tail back every box of them. Seem to be unable to do so. No Quit day the idea of getting off them completely scares me. I seem to be stuck. I’ve tried sugar-free candy instead of lozenges. I reach for a lozenge . Support is very helpful.

0 Kudos
Kimshine

I think you're going to have to set a quit date and go about it like you were quitting smoking or vaping. It is scary because nicotine addicts want their nicotine. You have already unlearned smoking so now you just need to remove the nicotine from your system. It's gone in about 3 to 4 days. It's likely going to be a little uncomfortable but you can do it and we will support you.

0 Kudos
Heathly2

I don’t like quitting cold turkey I’m telling you that right now. But I do feel supported and cared about.

Barbscloud

@Heathly2 You don't have to quit cold turkey . Start weaning yourself off of them. I'm sorry if I implied that.  A quit plan can include how you'll reduce using the lozenges.  

We're still here for you

Barb

0 Kudos