cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

McCarron

How do I post and get replies?

I"m not sure how this whole thing works. It"s not like texting someone and having them text you back. When I am wanting someone to talk to, how do I go about it? what steps do I take? I KNOW that there will be many times that I will need to have someone respond to my crazies.

16 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Beck37 wrote:

Just title it “help” and we will be right there for you. This site was really invaluable to my quit as everyone here has been thru the same thing. Different stories but same addiction.

McCarron‌ We make it easy to create a post like Beck37‌ mentions in the Emergency Help (The Panic Button)‌ and Newbie Quitters‌ Groups where it will create a post for you with some tags. It will call attention to your post though it seems you seem to be getting some quick responses already!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
elvan

There are usually people here and we all want very much for you to succeed with your quit.  You just posted and got responses, you might want to follow some people if you haven't already, then you will be notified in your inbox if you set up your preferences that way.  You can do that by clicking on your avatar and looking at the drop down menu and select preferences for what notifications you want to receive and HOW.  I elect not to get any email notifications, I come to the site and check my inbox here, that is the burgundy rectangle with the white bell in it to the left of your avatar.

Looks to me like you've got this figured out.

Ellen

McCarron

Its the night before my quit date and I am full of mixed emotions. I know that the only thing I need to do tomorrow is to NOT smoke. I am prepared! I started a support group at my home and so far I only have one other lady who has already quit [7 weeks ago] but I am confident that the group will grow in time. She is struggling with anxiety. I will turn her on to this group. I'm guessing that you people will be a huge help to me. Please don't hesitate to talk about God but only talk about your experiences.  I have a problem with people shoving Bible verses at me.  SORRY! I have a deep prayer that I intend to read the first thing in the morning. Wish me Gods strength. OH YA.....don't smoke even one puff today or ever. NOPE 

YoungAtHeart

How is it going this morning?!  Not smoking, I hope!  Be sure to do the reading I recommended...stay busy, keep your mind occupied, sip lots of water, did I mention stay busy?

This quit journey is done one step at a time.  You made the decision - now stick to it.

Blog "Help" BEFORE you smoke if the going gets tough!

Nancy

Ralph1955

"Its the night before my quit date and I am full of mixed emotions. I know that the only thing I need to do tomorrow is to NOT smoke. I am prepared"!

Great mindset to begin your quit.  That's how it starts.  Also, what I did was get my car detailed and had my teeth cleaned.  That helped me a lot. It's an incredible journey my friend.  You should put your cig money in a jar everyday and at the end of the month treat yourself to something special, or save it up for a vacation.  The money you'll be saving is amazing.

Good luck and remember we are All here for you.

0 Kudos
elvan

We're here and we are thinking about you starting your journey!  I think it's great that you have started a support group of your own, do tell your friend that stress and anxiety are contributed to by smoking, they are not relieved as we all convinced ourselves because of the addiction.  You can do this and we will help you in any way that we can.

Ellen

Jessica5999

Click on the head. Go to your content and then go through your content. Pick on of them there will be a question at the bottom of what you have written. You click or tap on it and will show your reply.

0 Kudos