cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hollyrose

How do I get through my 12 step meeting?

Jump to solution

Any 12 steppers here? I have my first meeting after quitting and EVERYONE SMOKES

15 Replies
hollyrose

Thank you Giulia, I think I can do this if I have coping skills

0 Kudos
indingrl

Congrats on freedom Holly and May God bless you continually in MY Lord Jesus name amen please take what helps and let go of the rest to be HELPFUL is my only aim thank you keep blogging please n thank you! 

GyorgyiM

I am more concerned about you inhaling 2nd hand smoke and it waking up the smoking nostalgia within you (addiction ) tempting you to relapse.

I use to sit in my car during meetings and read during the breaks. That may seem somewhat unsocial, but it was best for me until I found a "friend" who was smoke free and I could share with...My way isn't the only way...but it is another option.

Smiles 

hollyrose

Yes that's my main concern too! And also well intentioned people offering

cigarettes. My plan now is to stay inside the clubhouse and do service work

- cleaning up, breaking down the coffee and putting books back so I don't

seem antisocial. But for the first week or so I might get there on the dot

and leave right after the meeting

0 Kudos
elvan

You are doing great...at least any second hand smoke you might be exposed to would be diluted with fresh air because it's outside.  Congratulations on your six month anniversary and on making it through that meeting.  Oooh, I love Anya‌'s suggestion too.  Our sense of smell gets so much stronger that we are able to appreciate scents that we like.

JACKIE1-25-15

Put  a little Vicks Vapor Rub under your nose before you arrive.  Oh well I guess I am late. lol