cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

leah7

How did you quit?

I'm just taking a poll. I'd like to know how long you smoked, how long you've been an ex and what you did you become an ex.

Also, for my benefit, how much weight did you gain?

I quit on Wednesday, but I was still sucking on nicotine candy till Saturday. I feel like hell.

Thanks
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
jenipurr34

I smoked for 17 years, I have been quit for almost 7 days now. I went and bought patches about 4 days before my quit date, I also decided to quit on a spur of the moment kind of thing. everytime I tried to set dates, I'd get close to them and chicken out. I have not gained any weight so far, but it is still early. I am trying not to eat excessively.
Today, I feel like hell myself.
Good luck!!
0 Kudos
narkissose

have been a smoker for 7 years and quit 3 times before. 1.75 years was my longest quit and now i am in my 8th month again. I quit cold turkey, but I had a lot of preparation and chose a good time when pressure was less at work.
I had lots of water and had almost zero productivity at office for days.
Have gained around 10pounds which I am working on loosing.
0 Kudos
heather49

I quit 25 days ago and i am using the patch. I've gained about about 4 lbs. If you feel bad, go ahead and use NRT, anything is better than smoking. Another idea is Chantix, I heard that works too. Keep it up and do whatever you have to do....get the patch, chew the gum. whatever. Just don't smoke, it WILL get easier.
0 Kudos