cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

LMGeffert

How did you decide it was time?

I want to quit vaping, but for some reason, I just can’t commit yet. I haven’t tried quitting before. How did y’all (yes I’m from Texas) decide it was time?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
GregM

There were a few lightbulb moments for me before I finally decided to quit.

I couldn’t sleep thru an entire night without smoking. I would be Coughing like crazy and still decided it was a good idea to light one up to help with the cough. I thought many times about how crazy I was.

I was hardly ever sick until age 40. My last three years of smoking I was always fighting a cold. I knew what smoking was doing to me. I’m sure if I would have continued my lungs and health would have kept getting worse.

I was questioning why I was investing in my retirement account because I was sure if I continued down the path of almost 2 packs a day I wouldn’t make it to retirement.

The final straw came in the middle of the night after I was coughing up a lung again and was lucky enough to find A support group(Quitnet). I learned all I could and 10 days later I smoked my last cigarette.

Giulia

I'm so glad you've joined EX.  You experiential wisdom and support is another beautiful pathway on all our jourenys to Freedom.