cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rosie1917

How did you celebrate Week 1?

Today is day 6 of no smoking. I'd say it's a fairly insignificant day, except tomorrow is week 1 and that is a definite milestone. 

I was thinking of ways I could celebrate, and decided I can bring my french horn to the repair shop, considering I can now afford to have it fixed.  Whodda thunk, quit smoking and you'll be able to make beautiful music again?

I was wondering how other newbies are planning to celebrate thier progress. 

10 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I think I just celebrated by glorying in the accolades received here.........so

CONGRATULATIONS!

YOU CONQUERED

H E L L   Week!

(enjoy playing the horn when you get it back!!!)

MarilynH

A super congrats on your precious quit journey YAY for each and every Day WON with many more to come stay close because we're all here to help you in any way we can, I believe I celebrated by hanging out here smiling.

6179d08adbde7edf72353f1ab6360437.jpg

Giulia

I'm not a newbie (though every day I discover more new things about life), but can I chime in?  GREAT idea to fix your french horn.  You play the french horn!!!!  Wow.  What a beautiful instrument THAT is.  Distant, yet near.  Softly arousing.  Invoking memories.  Soothing.  And you know what?  Quitting does make beautiful music within us.  I hope you get it fixed and PLAY it a  LOT!  Annoy the neighbors.  Have fun with it.  It's a great diversion too!  Kudos on your upcoming WEEK FREE!   Horn Concertos | Instrumental Classical Music | Focus Concentrate Homework Reading Recharge Time - Y... 

Rosie1917

A coworker of mine quit smoking by listening to classical music. She's been quit for a few years now, so I'm gonna say it definitely worked. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

A LOT of folks have mentioned that music has helped them.  You can also put on tunes you like and sing/dance to them!  Will get ya' a hit of dopamine, too!

elvan

Congratulations on getting through Hell week & taking the time to reach out to others. Great job, l think getting the horn fixed is a GREAT idea. Honestly, l don’t remember what l did but l am sure it was HERE.

Ellen

Barbscloud

Congrats on you 1st week smoke free.  That's fabulous.  I don't remember celebrating outside of the Ex for my first week.  I was just excited that I made it!.  

Products Tagged "French horn" - Music Reading Savant Store

Barb

YoungAtHeart

Rosie1917 A lot of folks over the years have mentioned that music helped them.  Classical would work, as would singing/dancing to your favorite tunes.  You might also get a hit of dopamine by doing that!

Cousin-Itt

CONGRATULATIONS on Your First Week of Smoke Free Living

I think it's a Awesome Idea to get Your French Horn Repaired and You Start Playing Again

I listen to almost every type of music Including classical  I listen mostly to what I grew up with 60s and 70s I can say music has saved my quit a few times 

Carl