cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Fee33

How You Overcome?

If you have a craving like a strong one what would be your best answer only Choose One! 

11 Replies
Fee33

I love this!!! 

0 Kudos
bonniebee

I definitely agree with the breathing !!! In the first few weeks i had to do it so frequently and the great thing is fresh air is there free all the time I even think part of the smoking that seemed to be a stress reliever was taking that big puff in and letting it out slowly ! The problem was the nicotine and tar !  Now the deep breaths in and out can still relax you without the toxins and addiction !  As a follow Up I carried straws cut into thirds everywhere and i kept them handy all around the house ,in the car, and in my pocketbook !

Breathing technique that I used and first learned in my first attempt at quitting many years ago in a quit smoking class :

Take 3 breaths in slowly and exhale fully ....very slowly and on the last breath very slowly inhale and very slowly exhale and concentrate on relaxing all your muscles. I had a lot of tenseness in my jaw from withdrawal for the first month which gradually subsided so I concentrated especially on relaxing my jaw and facial muscles.

I also like the idea above of just ignoring it ! I used the phrase given to me by Dale  JonesCarpeDiem "I don't do that anymore '"it still amazes me how well that simple phrase worked for me !