cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Vincent713

How Long???

Hi. My name is Vincent. I am a 14 year old smoker. I have stopped for 6 days now. i started smoking when  i was 7. all i can say is wow. all the cravings are being a bear. my body achenes and hurts but ill try to pill through. but how long will all these cravings and other symptoms last???

15 Replies
MePlus3

That would be awesome I think im the youngest active one on here but I've been doing pretty well keeping up with my "older" friends!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mark wrote:

Glad to see so much support for Vincent713 and Beni678.  Would be great to see a trend of Youth Quitters coming here to quit.

The wisdom in here abounds!

Mark
EX Community Manager

Wondering how you both are with your quits?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Keep up the good work on quitting. You've put yourself into a powerful goal of quitting--congratulations. Take it one day at a time and keep coming back.

0 Kudos
bonniebee

Hi Vincent  ! Wow you started smoking so young ! I am glad you are trying to quit you have come to the right place for the support you will need . Withdrawal can be very difficult I used the nicotine patch and it took the 'edge off ' .You have made it to almost the end of our first week ( we cal Hell week ! ) and next week isn't quite as difficult and we call Heck week ! Try not to "fight " the craves they will come and go deep breathe through them 3 breaths in nice and slow and a slow exhale on each then sayings quit congrats.jpg relax your body into the 3rd exhale ...that helped me so much and I got straws and cut them into 3 pieces and used them for the oral and hand  habit  after awhile you will not need them anymore , Since you already made it 6 days I would not put nicotine back into your body it is hard but you have been successful keep it going ! There will be more "elders " with lots of advice and links to go to I am not very computer savvy ! I started smoking when i was 15 years old (I did try it a bit when I was about 12 but I stopped before I got hooked ) I then continued to smoke for 52 years !!!  You are so smart to Quit now get yur freedom back and  do not be a slave to the sickerettes !   

We are here for you Vincent !!! Yay for your 6 day quit !!!congratulations_030.gif

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

How's your quit going?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Check in with us Vincent713‌!