cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cousin-Itt

How Has Covid Changed Your Summer

Summertime and Covid.  Joyce and I were talking over dinner If you want to call Brats and Hamburger on the grill with Baked Beans dinner  Water Mellon for dessert,  what we have missed due to the Covid 19 

We have already missed out on some church festival which are a major thing here in Southwest Ohio. I would have attended 3 or 4 Reds games already. We didn't make our annual spring weekend trip into Ohio Amish Country or one of another weekend trip we would have taken somewhere in Ohio. Kentucky or Indiana.  Joyce and I enjoy going to small towns and different State Parks  The major thing this year for me is my fly in fishing trip to the Bush of Northern Ontario in July with my 3 brothers has been canceled.  OK Ready 1,2,3 Aww Poor Baby     Thank you I needed that   

Our dinner ended with a piece of Water Mellon accidently flying off my fork and hitting Joyce in the forehead 

It's all OK LIFE is STILL GREAT. She is safer working from home. We walk together Play games . We have more time together sometimes a little to much but that's ok. We have saved more money for our Alaska trip.  She stated tonight that since I've quit smoking I have become calmer and happier although she may be right I accidently had another piece of Water Mellon fly off my fork and hit her in the chin.     

I could have had a lot of reasons to smoke but I don't want too, I don't need too. I just Don't

NOPE NOPE NOPE 

Sorry for the long ramble just to ask                     Have you canceled or stopped anything do to the Covid Virus

19 Replies
MarilynH

CONGRATULATIONS Kristen kristen-9.7.15, I'm so happy for you I really wish you all the happiness in the world you deserve the very best that life has to offer.

Cousin-Itt

Congratulations Kristen    I wish you the very best 

YoungAtHeart

How has COVID changed my summer?  Oh, let me count the ways!  But doing so is just too depressing, so I won't.  I have not left my property since the first week in March. You can just imagine the rest!

But - I am trying to count my blessings.  I have remained well.  I have a big house, yard and gardens to enjoy....

Some days that all helps, some days not so much.  Today is one of the latter!  Hoping tomorrow will be one of the former.

I do know ONE thing, though.  I'm not smoking over it!

Cousin-Itt

Nancy the biggest thing is we are not smoking over any of it.  I have a feeling if I was still smoking I would be smoking 2 or 3 times more

Stay strong!

MarilynH

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awe poor baby .

Food fight ! Carl ? 

Joyce I'd be throwing more than watermelon back... don't get mad get even ! Jus kidding Carl . Oh look Carl ... watch out ! Duck! 

I have not missed a lot actually . I don't usually go to far from the shore in the summer , so much here to do .  Covid is not much different than the lifestyle I've had to live for years even before covid , due to PI . ( primary immunodeficiency ) . 

The thing I've missed most are the music jams ...those are things I really enjoy in the summer . 

I will miss the folk fest , it was going to be a family event this year . All my kids , their families and myself were going to make a summer of it .  

I've walked more , eaten less ,  those are positives .  

Cousin-Itt

Maki not to worry Joyce always gets me back   Like you I miss the festivals the must   Joyce and I go to a Bluegrass Festival beginning of September in Kentucky from what I'm hearing it may be canceled    

Enjoy the shore

elvan

I look forward to summers because I usually spend every day going to my friend's pool and working out.  At least five days a week, weather permitting.  THIS year, the pool is staying closed because of Covid-19.  They don't want to open it and maintain it when no one is there.  I miss that as much as anything.  I, also, like YoungAtHeart‌ have been housebound since March 16th.  I can't work in my yard because I can't BREATHE.  This will not go down in my history book as a favorite summer.  I always look forward to eating fresh produce..haven't even SEEN any this year.  I will have to put some on my list for my son to get.

I could no more get up out of a tent than I can BREATHE outside.

Ellen

Cousin-Itt

This won't be my favorite summer but somehow I don't think I'll ever forget it. 

The swimming pools here will not be opening which I understand yet feel bad about it

Joyce and I had a friend that came back from South Carolina a couple days ago and brought us back 1.5 large boxes of peaches They are delicious I will be can some here in a little bit and making a cobbler later.  

elvan

OH YUM!

0 Kudos