cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pammiepearl

Holy cow!!! Cravings are killing me!

I am a little over 2 hours from being an ex for five days.

I am using lozenges, bupropion xl, candy cane chapstick (menthol smoker),  Himalayan pink salt nasal inhaler (which I highly recommend... dollar tree!).

Waiting for my patches to arrive. I have vaped about 12 times in 5 days.  I'm still sleeping alot (hoping to sleep through most of the withdrawals..lol)

I am fully jonsing for a cigarette.  Have been all evening.  Been staying busy reading about all of this, watching the football games and playing with my dogs

But  that nagging feeling of "NEEDING" a cigarette won't go away. I keep using the mantra "I WANT, not NEED!"

I need some help before I light up please! 😪😪😪😪

We all can do this! pammiepearl
Labels (1)
25 Replies
dardee68

I am just quitting tomorrow, but know that for me without prayer and the Lord I will not be able to do this. Not trying to offend if you don't believe, but if you do, try reading the Bible too and praying. It does help with some peace and perspective and giving you time to get through the cravings. Either way, you got this and can do it!

Darla DOF 01/08/2023
biscuit9

God was key to my quit, just like @dardee68  what she said. I could not have been successful without Him.  Remember that one puff will lead to another.  Read, write, whatever, but do not smoke.  I remember very well what you are experiencing, but I wanted off the roller coaster of nicotine addiction.  Quit day 112.  Use your aids and FIVE DAYS is amazing.  Give yourself some credit!

Barbscloud

@pammiepearl Just seeing this now.  I hope you were able to hang on.   Have you tried going for short walks?  They really help you to refocus and it boasts  your dopamine level.

You said you bought some vape with nicotine the other day.  Are you still using that?   If so, you need to get all the nicotine out of your system.  It's just prolonging the agony.

Check in a let us know how you're doing.

Barb

pammiepearl

Thanks for your responses.

I did NOT smoke!!! I did vape twice. I know! I need to get rid of it!!! I will!  I have a game plan in place to do so.

Even though I did use the vape twice, I feel I'm making HUGE strides coming from 2..5 packs of menthol a day. So I will take this as a win a give myself a pat on the back.

Last night when I took the dogs out for their night time walk, a feeling came over me...

Freedom!

We all can do this! pammiepearl
biscuit9

@pammiepearl  It's a journey and I'm gonna congratulate you.  You are retraining your smoking brain and it's not easy.  In the beginning it is ALLLLLL about quitting and gettng off the nicotine addiction.  You said you had a moment of seeing freedom.  I called it seeing a light at the end of a dark tunnel.   You are in the throes of it right now.  Just don't smoke.  Do not undo 5 days of no smoking.  Stay strong and committed.  Keep saying YES to a smokefree life.  

freeneasy

You’re going through the toughest time but it will get better and you’ll see it will all be worth it. You’re doing well. You did the right thing by coming here.

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. Thanks for sharing how you are doing. jonescarpediem and Ex member suggests saying "I don't do that anymore." Keep pushing forward--your goal to quit didn't happen by accident.

maryfreecig_0-1672683892817.jpeg

Barbscloud

@pammiepearl Super proud of you.  Don't lose sight of you plan and you'll be a success.  Walking my dog daily and short walks in between we're a life saver for my quit.

Barbscloud_0-1673192917253.gif

I'm there with you.

Barb

Barb

moalesd

I am getting ready to quit in Feb i have tired a few times b4 so i know what you are feeling dont give in it will pass thats what i need to hear b4 i picked up again this time im going to make. Good Luck and you got this.