cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

domonic

Holly Crap!!! Ive been 12 hours without a smoke!!!!

Anybody have any suggestions on what they did when driving thats going to be the hardest thing for me bc i always seemed to smoke more when i drived???
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
karen19

I drive about 2-5 hours each day with my job. It was the hardest part of quitting. I cleaned my car out real good. It is fairly new so I did not stink it up too badly. I bought dental floss picks to keep my hands busy. I had bottled water in a cooler and nuts to snack on. It worked for me. I love the floos picks. Not only does it keep my hand mouth habit busy, it makes my teeth better too.
There are days I get into my car and reach for my purse for that cig but they are not there and never will be again. In due time this will all be a distant memory. do the best you can do
0 Kudos
larua

Drink lots of water, like Karen said. It's very good for your system. Stay away from salt because you will retain all that water you've been drinking! If you always kept your cigarettes in the same place in the car, put something else in that spot, like sugar free gum or candy. Or you could carry mouthwash. Go from having terrible ash-tray breath to always having fresh breath.
The last time I tried to quit, I really began to notice how bad other smokers' breath always was, so I always carried a toothbrush & mouthwash everywhere I went.
0 Kudos
maggie5

Water... Gum... toothpicks... candy, Whatever works for you!
Always have something like that on hand, in case of a craving. Eventually you'll be craving a mint when you drive! 🙂
0 Kudos
karen56

Coffee stirrers, toothpicks(I like the mint ones) and lots and lots of water. You are telve hours ahead of me...You rock!
0 Kudos
mark_w3

I know that when I first quit smoking I literally thought driving without cigs was going to be like driving in a different world. And honestly, at first, it was. all I can say is keep going. you won't regret it.
0 Kudos
melissa5

chew gum!!!!!
0 Kudos
axis

yup, chew on coffee straws.....driving is like my biggest trigger.
0 Kudos