cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

c1classic

Hola

I stumbled upon the "introduce yourself," section and figured I should, you know, introduce myself. 

My quit date was the 1st.  Yes, it's terribly cliched.

I managed to quit smoking for slightly more than two months in the not-so-distant past.  I was doing great...until my last two weeks in grad school.  Finals + dual master's program= stress.  Sadly, I gave up on quitting after that. 

I have been focused on getting back in shape recently and am making excellent progress.  However, this has also made me much more aware of how much smoking affects my breathing.  It's a bit difficult to push myself as hard as I would like when I need to stop to catch my breath fairly often. 

I will be successful in quitting.  Why?  Because someone had the audacity to question my ability to do it and I really don't like being doubted...haha.  It's amazing how far I will go to be "right." =P

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Haha,  It doesn't matter what day you decide to quit, all that matters is you made the decision to better your life.  Obviously you have a lot going for you right now, and quitting smoking is just another one of the good things to add to the list. 

You will be successful!

0 Kudos