cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

margee

Hi!

About me

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place but I wanted to say hi and tell you a little of my story! I started to smoke when I was 12 years old. By the time I was 14, mom let me smoke in the house because it wasn't 'lady like' to smoke out in the streets. Poor mom, she didn't mean any harm - there were no big health scares back then. I was a huge chain smoker by the time I was 16. I worked, so I could afford them. I am 57 now and can smoke up to 2 packs a day. I cannot imagine my life without my cigarettes, but how I long to become an ex-smoker. I am such a 'hard-core' smoker that I once told my doctor that I would rather die than live on earth without my cigarettes!

Now I have had pneumonia for 2 weeks and life has been unbearable.I can't breathe. Today I went to the hospital for a lung and chest x-ray. The doctor is positive I have COPD. I now have 'puffers' and steroids to help me though. I haven't had any sleep in 10 days because when I lay down, I choke. Now I am scared. Now I need to get a plan of action going. I need help to do this. I am desparete to become a non smoker, but I don't have much hope for myself. I couldn't sleep again tonight , so I  thought I would sit here and smoke and register for this group. I am soooo frutrated and frightened.

I would love and be so proud to be a non-smoker.

Just never thought I would be this serious to have a look at how some of you are doing it. Please be patient with me, I have been smoking for 45 years. I have only once, made an attempt to quit. Lasted one day. I was a 'wreak'!' I would be soooooo proud to be  non-smoker. Would you mind if I have a look around to see how you folks are doing it? Thank you for any welcomes.

Sincerely, Margee

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hi! Check out this link to some really great info! It was put together by a groupd of members here. In addition to the site program it will get you going!

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Marcie_free_since_4-4-11-blog/2012/01/02/welcome-new-member...

0 Kudos
margee

My god, I do not know how to work this forum yet, but i just went to my 'inbox' and there are something like 19 replys!!!! Thanks to all of you sooooo much for the encouragement!!

Wow! i need how to learn how to work all this!!

Sincerely, thanks

Margee

0 Kudos
TheNewMe_Jo

Yes, your profile has touched alot of hearts and we are here to help you. Each one of us are comitted to helping you quit, and will stand by you. You have alot of people here who care about you. Im glad you found us...

we usually hang in the "blogs" look on the top of this page where it says

home.. blogs.. groups...

we are in the BLOGS area. But dont stress, we will find you til you learn the site, I know its hard...

and if you got 19 messages - wow we arent all expecting replies LOL

welcome to our family dear..

((HUG))

0 Kudos