cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

smorgy8513

Hi...remember me???

First of all I want to say that I am doing ok.....no smoking (1417 DOF!) and physically I have been on break from chemo for almost 6 months.  I'll have another scan in mid July and dr thinks I'll probably start on Opdivo at that time.

I've had a number of "hi, thinking and praying for you" from friends here and I feel so loved by all the messages.   These came through on FB as well as Messenger.     Just goes to show that when you have a connection with someone it doesn't just go away when you take a break from life.  

Physically I'm struggling with bursitis in my hips, ongoing chronic pain in lower back and neck.    My right knee has been so bad over the last week that I have trouble with getting up from toilet (TMI?????) and doing the stairs.   (we have 19 steps on the outside of the house leading to our apartment).      I'll see dr today to get some ideas.     Warm pool therapy has been helpful but not enough.

I'm moving mid August.    I'll be living alone again (YEAH!!!), as some of you know the situation with my son and I living together has not been good at times.

Been lazy, gaining weight because I don't eat well and pick and eat in between meals.   

Looking for moving company that doesn't charge too much.   Cheapest estimate I've gotten is $705......can't afford that.   I've got some more names that I can call today.

I hope that everyone here at the EX is doing well.     I'll sit down later and try to read and catch up some.

I'll go now and do my pledge.     

Thanks for all the love and concern.

Sharon

27 Replies
c2q

Great to hear your voice, Sharon. Good luck with the move; are you getting some place without stairs?

0 Kudos

There you are! I have wondered and miss you every day! You are daily in my thoughts and prayers!

Best Wishes with your move! I hate to move!

Great to hear from you Sharon & happy you're doing better.

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

0 Kudos
gregp136

I have a pick up.  Lets all meet at Sharon's and help her move!!!  

bonniebee

nice Greg..... it is the thought that can count the most sometimes ! Wish I was a lot closer to where Sharon lives !

0 Kudos
elvan

smorgy8513‌ You have been missed and you KNOW you are loved!  I am so glad to hear that you have been six months without chemo and are still doing well.  That is WONDERFUL news.  Your moving estimates make me feel sick to my stomach.  I so hope you can find some less expensive help.  I am glad that you will be living on your own...sounds like that will be better for you.  My older sister lives alone and says that there is no way she could stand living with another person at this point in her life.  Her daughter moved in with her for a while but it was close to being disastrous.  She babysits her granddaughter more than she should have to but I know that bond means a great deal to her.  I just hate to see her being taken for granted.  That would be something to address with my niece, I guess.  I wouldn't do that because it would offend my sister.

In any event, I cannot tell you how glad I am to see your blog and to hear that you are doing well.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Strudel

Oh hooray Sharon - so good to hear from you! But - I hate to hear that you are having the pain. I sure hope your doctor comes up with some ideas! Prayers - always! We missed you! 

0 Kudos
freeneasy

Glad to hear from you and hope your health improves and your moving works out well.

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Hugs and prayers Sharon, so good to "see" you here, you were missed.  I hope you find the right movers and peace of mind once you'll be on your own.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

So good to hear from you Sharon....we have missed you!!!!!!!!! I will keep prayers going for you xoxoxMissy

0 Kudos