cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

christina9

Hi my name is.....

Hi my name is Christina. I am 21. I started smoking when I was 5. My dad thought it was so cute. He taught me to smoke and gave me 5 cigs a day starting on my 5th birthday. I never knew it was a bad thing until I was much older. By then it was too late. Even when I was in foster care all the kids smoked. I didn't know that they didn't start smoking around the same time my dad said all kids my age did it. Anyway I have a lot of medical problems now and my doctor wanted me to quit. ( He thinks I did) I was in the hospital for 45 days and when I got out I said I wasn't going to start back. Unfortunately I don't have the best of a best friend. I started again. The only person that knows is my brother but I have to quit. I saw this site on the tele and I thought it would be a great way to build a support system. I am really going to need help because I can't do this myself. Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sylvia_Deitz

Christina! I see that you just joined Become an Ex. You've sure made the right choices....quitting smoking and spending time on this site. I can't imagine anyone giving a 5 year old a cigarette! The best advice I can give you that will help the most is to READ all that you can on this site. I have literally spent all day at times on the computer exploring and reading these things. If you decide to go cold turkey, you're welcome to join the group Cold Turkey, Anyone??? Read the discussions. There are some good articles there. I wish you the best with this quit! Come on over to my page. There's lots of links for more help. Just click on my picture. Good Luck!
0 Kudos
ginnywine

Christina...it makes me so sad to know your dad did that to you!  Please keep trying to find help and support anywhere you can find it.  There are so many people who care! 

0 Kudos