cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

skootzkitty

Hi all

Newbie here. I thought I was ready to quit 01 May but I found out I haven't prepared as I should have, so I set 01 June as my quit date, which is fitting as it my mum's B-day 🙂 Rather scared, I must admit altho I did well for yesterday. Only smoked 3 in 24 hours and for me that is huge! : ) But I found driving without a smoke is about the hardest thing I have ever done!! Without it, I found myself doing a lot of the 'internation sigh of goodwill' to people, which here could get you shot *lol* So advice for a newbie anyone? HOW do you get yourself used to not lighting up at the times you most wish to? Work is easy, home is easy but the truck, that is my failing....help!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
hothula

aloha, I used the patch as directed for the first 3 months which not only helps with the craves, makes them so much more easy to deal with, they also get you used to not having and smoking. I used straws cut in half for months as well and they were very calming for me as I could inhale air hold it, it feels like a smoke. do all the things a smoke does with out the harm. good luck you will do this
0 Kudos
skootzkitty

The straws is a GREAT idea! I was thinking lifesavers but I like your idea better! : )
0 Kudos