cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jujo51

Hi, I'm trying again!!

Hello, I'm here to try again. I quit for 20 days, then due to a BIG stressor (or at least i thought it was) i started again. I want to quit for good this time. I'm afraid I'll need all the help i can get. Nicotine is my one BIG addiction. I know i can do this but I'm afraid i'm going to need all the help and support i can get. Are there people here that can step into that role for me??? Is there a regular "chat board" here??How many times have some of you stopped and started again?? Oh yeah, I quit once a long, long time ago for three weeks. So I guess i CAN do it but I just think i'll need a ton of help. Any volunteers??
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
sarkar

4. Talking to someone who encourage you.
5. Sleep more.. 🙂
0 Kudos
les

I posted the following in another thread, but it answers your questions and I don't have to type it all over again, lol:

I can top that! I quit for 7 years, went through a divorce and started again. That was 5 years ago. I quit last year for 3 months, then went to Paris for a week, and EVERYONE smokes there, so yep, so did I. I am on day 6 (Quit day Aug. 6), and absolutely will not smoke again! I read the book by Allen Carr, "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking", and also had acupuncture on Day 2. I will probably have the acupuncture again this week or next. It totally alleviated the grogginess I felt in the past, and gave me really positive energy. I'm taking an herbal detox (no nicotine) which is supposed to help reduce cravings, but I don't take it regularly. I haven't had many "moments" and have found if I crochet or blog (do something with my hands), it really helps, and I soon forget the "moment". I feel so good! Will get up and walk/run tomorrow.

Jujo, I would suggest you read the book I referenced above. It totally changed my way of thinking about quitting, and this has by far been the easiest. I haven't had coffee, either, because it is a trigger for me. I've had one cup since I quit. I love coffee, and will slowly drink it again, but probably not as much as I used to.
0 Kudos
jujo51

1. Keep busy. Busy hands dont need to smoke
2. Cut a straw the length of a "smoke" and use that as your cig.
3. Go to eons.com and play some brain games, that will keep u from smoking.
4. Talking to someone who encourages you.
5. Sleep more.. 🙂
6. Have a good cry, cuz ur finally giving up those dang thangs!!!
7. Keep yourself determined to do it!!
8. Say NOPE, not one puff ever!!!!
0 Kudos