cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jujo51

Hi, I'm trying again!!

Hello, I'm here to try again. I quit for 20 days, then due to a BIG stressor (or at least i thought it was) i started again. I want to quit for good this time. I'm afraid I'll need all the help i can get. Nicotine is my one BIG addiction. I know i can do this but I'm afraid i'm going to need all the help and support i can get. Are there people here that can step into that role for me??? Is there a regular "chat board" here??How many times have some of you stopped and started again?? Oh yeah, I quit once a long, long time ago for three weeks. So I guess i CAN do it but I just think i'll need a ton of help. Any volunteers??
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
kaye-tyson

I quit tomorrow we can do this
0 Kudos
lucas

Tomorrow is my date as well. It has been years since I have tried to quit, but am looking at this opportunity with great determination and a wonderful chance to make a life-altering change for the better. Tonight will be my last smoke ever.
0 Kudos
sarkar

Its 3 days since I quit..I quit on friday, so that i could relax on weekend..I knew initial days can be hard..and didnt want to make my work load as an excuse of smoking..But tomorrow would be my real test also, as I start my office schedule again..
0 Kudos
mindy6

I ust quit lastnight, It has been pretty easy so far, but I know it is going to get difficult once i have to deal with some stressors. We are all here for one another 🙂
0 Kudos
lucas

Let's do this everyone!! I am in the middle of day one for quitting. It has been a very unstructured day spent at home doing odds and ends. And, while still early, it has gone fairly well. I am on the patch, but am convinced that my attitude will determine my success with this. Long ways to go, but 8 hours in I feel good.
0 Kudos
jujo51

How about this, we all can b there for one another. If you've got tips, share them w/ the group. If its a rotten day, let us know, maybe we can help w/ a joke or somethin??!! Or seriously, some advice that may b of help. As for tips i have a couple:
1. Keep busy. Busy hands dont need to smoke
2. Cut a straw the length of a "smoke" and use that as your cig.
3. Go to eons.com and play some brain games, that will keep u from smoking.
Ok, someone add to the list please. Copy and pastse 1 thru 3 and then add to it.
0 Kudos
mindy6

I am on hour 17 and just had a long cry for some unknown reason. But I gotta tell u just living through the cry and letting it run its course felt 100% better than smoking a cigarette and repressing the emotion.
0 Kudos
lucas

Great attitude, Mindy! A determined attitude that does not give into even the most urgent cravings (or meltdowns) is critical. Keep up the good work!!
0 Kudos
bunny

Hi...my quit date is Aug 17th (my birthday) and I need all the help I can get also...sooo...maybe we can help each other. I quit once for 5 years and regret the day I went out to a party with friends and took a cigarette (just to be in the crowd). Thinking it would be only 1....wrong!!!! That night I started back full force. I kick myself every day. Yes it can be done....we just have to be determined and fight the urges. I am looking for any help techniques I can find and will share them with you as needed.
0 Kudos