cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lea11

Hi!!! I'm quitting on the 1st of April

Hey guys!! Great site!! I know, it's hard to quit by yourself, let's support each other! Good luck to you all!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
pir8fan

Don't be surprised if you don't much traffic here! Like I said, we pretty much live in the blogs! Had this been written as a blog, you would have a number of responses by now!

0 Kudos
numbr1tia

I think you and I are in the same boat! I group of smokers, fighting the battle together may work better than a single person trying to do this on their own! I hope you reach and surpass your goal, I wish you much luck as I am right behind you in my own!

0 Kudos
sue26

I am quitting on April 6...Sue

0 Kudos
lea11

Good luck to all!!! It's definitely for good, we've got to keep thatin mind! 🙂

0 Kudos
lea11

This is my 4th day fully enjoying my life.

I try not to think about it at all, so I don't get the feeling, that something is missing in my life, cause I have to admit, cigarettes used to be a great part of it, but now it feels like i've never smoked, really weird. I've been preparing myself for this day for the last month, so I guess, it worked. 

The only trigger that bothers me - is feeling bored. I used to smoke when I wait for the bus or when I'm home at night. But I'm doing good so far 🙂

Now I have more free time and I'm being more organized somehow. Amazing.. 

I feel much better as well. I have more energy, I wake up early and not dying by the end of the day, like I used to.

And it's only the 4th day.. What's next?? Looking forward to experience more benefits! So excited!!!!! 🙂

0 Kudos
steve161

Some days are better than others. Don't be surprised if a really sucky one pops up in the not-too-distant future. I don't know about you, but I smoked to relax...when I had time on my hands and wanted to reward myself with a little something. Or to make a difficult situation a bit more bearable. Puff, puff, puff. LIfe still presents all the situational stuff on a daily basis, but my response to it all had to change. No more reaching for the pocket and the the lighter when that "special" time came up. That has to change. A new response must be found. Arm yourself in advance. The time is coming, and you will need to be able to stand up and kick ass! Yeeeeee haaaaaaaaw!!!!!!!

0 Kudos