cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sheila12

Hi- I'm new and having a HARD TIME!!! PLZ HELP!!!

Hi! I am new here- finally got my computer back working after trying to join last week..

I have been on Chantix for a month or so- and have been QUIT for 13 days.

The urges today & yesterday are so strong...
Thought they would not be so bad-

I AM STRUGGLING not to smoke. I"m getting thru the urges-the triggers-- but have realized it is the STRESS that I am having a hard time not to smoke thru...
Please help me if you have any ideas.

I have smoked for 27 years- I am about in tears as I write this- cuz I want to smoke.. ISN'T THAT THE CRAZIEST THING??? IS THIS NORMAL?? I even kind of miss them-- WHAT THE HECK AM I SAYING????

It is crazy how my mind is rationalizing to smoke--I am thinking dumb things- like- I can smoke right now and NO ONE would know...
OH---- Just need some help-
IM NOT GONNA SMOKE!!! IT IS NOT AN OPTION!!! I feel like I am going crazy and wondering if I got a placebo or something- it didn't seem this HARD last week....If anyone can help me- please ..Thank you for listening...
0 Kudos
13 Replies

Sure, you could smoke again, I could smoke again, and who would know? You and I would know if we smoked again.
Are you wearing the patch? That really helped me.
Drink tea, water, --suck on a straw--take deep breaths--take a walk----No, you're not going crazy.

Let me know how you do. I really care.
0 Kudos
alice6

You are not going to smoke!!! And you are not going crazy!!! I know cuz I am a therapist:). It is just the addiction that has you all twitterpated. Tak four deep breaths...exhale each of those slowly. Put on some calming music. Sip some water. And.... get busy. Clean, vacume, walk, do something. Doing nothing and letting this take over your mind is sabbotage. So dance friend, dance...
0 Kudos
pauline

Hi Marisa,
I too cried my eyes out the day before I quit. Someone used the word - forgive me for not being able to remember who, but bless their heart - mourning. That word struck a note with me for sure! It really is a loss. Today is day 20 for me and at times it seems to get easier and I find myself not even thinking about a smoke at all, and that surprizes me - a very good feeling indeed!
I did chew on straws for a day or 2, and the dum dum suckers, I love the orbitz gum I was shocked to see that it is sugar free - one of the vices I am using now that really helps me is clicking ink pens! I keep one in my purse, easy to get to, in my car right on the dashboard, and one right next to the couch where I sit.
Also I am into crafts big time! I knit, crochet, sew, macrame, and other crafty things.
But when the cravings come they only last a few seconds because I get busy, or get some water, or better yet I chew on ice cubes - No calories there!
I hope some of this helps you, my heart goes out to you and to everyone on this wonderful forum! Everyone is absolute angels on earth here.
Wishing you the best!
Pauline
0 Kudos
pauline

Well, thank you very much... and welcome.
I saw that I posted in the wrong spot, so I posted on your page too..;. I am an idiot sometimes, I am still new here too.
Macrame is tieing knots out of cord, rope, string...into all sorts of things - plant hangers, purses, belts, necklaces, bracelets, wall hangings, curtains. I always tell people that I teach how to macrame that if they can tie their shoes they can do it too. Have you seen the little bracelets that people are wearing that look like knotted string with a few beads on them? Macrame was really popular back in the mid to late '70's and it is now coming back!
There are so many sites that teach how to do crafty stuff too, and there are video's out there, really helpful.
Yuppers, the clicking pen sure helps keep my hand busy - when the urge comes on, like driving my car or the biggie for me is on the phone, I grab that pen. Anything that helps.
0 Kudos