cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bugzy2341

Hi, I just found this site. I quit by accident, Here's How. My Story

I have smoked since i was 17 years old. I started smoking cuase i liked a girl who smoked, and like a moron picked up the habit to impress her. I dated her for a few weeks and we broke up. By then i was already a smoker. not a heavy smoker yet, but i had the picked up the habbit.

Im 36 years old now and ive not smoked since 4/4/07 about a year and 2 months.
I did smoke though for 18 years,with a break of 8months cuase i quit with zyban once before in 1998. I went back to smoking cuase my twin brother passed away and it was very hard for me to handle that event in my life.
I did not try to quit again for a long time but swore i wasnt going use zyban cause there were side afects to it that i did not like.
By the time i quit this time i was smoking 5 and 1/2 packs almost 6 packs a day. that was once every 10 min. it didnt help that i work outside. (4:30 am wake till 11:30pm to bed, thats alot)

Ive tried alot in the past to stop smoking.Ive tried Zyban (big no no for me, started seeing things that werent there, that was bad),The Different Chewing Gums ( Tasted like Battery Acid), The Patch (Would find myself lighting up and forgetting i had it on), accupuncture (i know people who its worked for , but it didnt work for me).

This time around it was way different. I had read on www.mercurypoisoned.com that silver fillings in your mouth have horrible side effects and that people dont know about it( it said nothing about smoking or quiting smoking, i was looking into it to better my health ).there is a video on the site showing a silver filling tooth under the right lighting leaking. So i had my dentist change my silver fillings to plastic. The silver fillings are called amalgam fillings amalgam means mixed with mercury, a substance that is very toxic to our bodies. i had alot of silver fillings, and had 99% of them removed (that was a bunch of visits) the 1% thats still there is the linning of a tooth that was almost all filling (needed a wall for the tooth,the rest of it was replaced). take a look at symptoms of mercury poisoning here http://mercurypoisoned.com/symptoms.html

In the website it also says if the fillings arent changed properly you could get sick and i did, about 1 month after i finnished changing all my fillings. (just had my regular dentist change them as a regular filling). i went to the doctors and didnt say anything about the fillings i removed, just that i was sick. he checked me and said my sinuses looked congested and to use Afrin no drip spray 3 times a day for 3 days, no more than that cause i could get addicted. ( you dont want to trade 1 addiction for another).
By the second day of using it i noticed something i hadnt in a long time,Ciggerets taste like Sh*t, The Ciggerets tasted like the very first ones i ever had.
i couldnt belive it. Ive tried all kinds of stuff to stop smoking and here i was not liking the taste. i very quickly took advantage of that to train myself to stay away from them. i would light up, taste it and say It tastes like sh*t, i dont like it , outloud and in my head. Believe me you i tried to like them, remember i was smoking over 5 packs a day. by the 3rd day of using the afrin i quit. i had read somewhere before that the withdrawl of nicotine is an irritated stomach that lasted no more than 48 hours after you stop. i waited for it and held up my 48 hours and havent touched 1 since.
To me it seems like the combo of changing my fillings and clearing my sinuses or how i say` cleaning my tastebuds `is what did it. it worked for me and i bet if Someone comes up with a way to clean your tastebuds everyone would be able to quit. it may sound like that seems too easy, but its what happened to me and how i quit.

Im not claiming it will work for anyone else like it did for me , but i know when i was interested in stopping i was looking at every option there was and this was not stated anywhere.

I know i placed this under the Welcome category , but im new here so thats where i placed it 🙂

Any Feedback is welcome,

George
0 Kudos
1 Reply
bugzy2341

Thanks Cliff,

I posted my story cuase, since it worked for me, it more than likely work for others aswell. Nowhere have i seen anything like my story on how someone stopped.

So while products are being pushed onto the shelves and we are blowing alot money on trying to figure out a way we can individually stop (I say it like that cuase we are each taking a walk through the fire to stop, and it is costing or has costed some of us mega bucks to stop) im telling people how i did it by accident in hopes it helps even 1 person.

The bottom line , we stop smoking to try and better our health.

If you click on my pix you will see on my page the video i was talking about ,
and also take a look at this link my wife just found http://www.naturalnews.com/023367.html

Few tips before i go to anyone still trying to stop smoking.

1. I know you dont want to hear it and you already know it , but your gunna hear it anyways, They are Right you realy should stop smoking.
2. If you beat out the first 48 hours then great now back it up, bombard yourself with with all the commercials that come across you while watching tv, and what i mean by that is , Sit and watch the entire commercial dont change the channel or go to the bathroom or walk away from the tv. Everyone that smokes and has seen these commercials knows exactly what im talking about. They are disgusting and you know it,watch it , it realy helps with your decision.
3. Be very aware of the fact that you are probably gunna be craving sweets.stay away from them
4. Hang in there, your in it for the long haul. Get help from this site and friends for support.
5. Once you know your in the clear and you know your not going back,
this is very important. DONT become a CIGARETTE NAZI!

A cigarette nazi is a person who has stopped smoking and now pushes everyone around them to stop and complains to people that are smoking to go somewhere else to smoke.
ill be the first to tell you, When someone that i knew that had quit would do that to me, id light up just to annoy them. and i would not want to stop smoking , out of spite.

Smokers know they should stop , but need to hit the point themselves. So if you cant handle the smoke now that you have become a non-smoker, i ask you please,if you want to help, you be the one to walk away,
Dont be a Cigarette Nazi.

see ya on the next post,

George
0 Kudos