cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jessica5999

Hi I am trying to quit

I found today that I need to track when I am supposed to take my meds. So, now I have to keep track by making a chart to use. Each week I am getting sickier of my addictions. I feel like I need someone to care each and every hour. So, I use it to think and sometimes, I wonder if anyone actually cares about me. I am a person with trust issues on top of them. I am getting sickier of knowing that I need to change and NeedinG someone to put forth their own offer to care about themselves. As well as me, too. I found out that need to meal plan and to journal if I eat because of my bad habits and forgetfulness. I am getting sicker of using paper. I am getting sicker of needing things. I am get sick of sick and tired. I am getting sicker of excuses. I want to stop.

3 Replies
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s...Jessica5999 

I am glad you found our site....and not for one second should you ever question if anyone cares...Our Heavenly Father cares about all of us...and you may have to reach out to him to help you quit especially if you have trust issues...

I found that what worked for me...and this is only me I am talking about was to finally take control back in my life and realize I am an addict...I am always one cigarette away from a pack...I can’t not go back...but in the beginning I can pledge a day at a time to keep quit.  I suggest, you read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and to read posts here and learn about the addiction.  Also, I think you need to stay here and ask for help and you can also encourage others on their journey.  You need to make the choice...and know that it isn’t easy, but it is doable and takes hard work...Sounds like you are working on a plan...keep working it and quit the habit...we are here for you...~ Colleen 359 DOF ~

Cousin-Itt

Jessica5999‌ Welcome  I know you care about yourself or you wouldn't be here and that's the most important thing. I understand trusting people can be difficult especially in todays world. Now I used to be a construction worker with a attitude I didn't need or trust anyone  I'm surprised my wife put up with me and I'm a very lucky man she did. Then health wise, out of the blue I got knocked on my ars.  Changed my whole life,  I had to start trusting people For awhile I was dependent upon others.  Others who cared about me and I don't know why. 

It took a lot for me to come to a site like this and ask for help to stay quit. Now I'm going to be honest I have only been a part of this community for a month I was at another quit site for over 3 years which is closing.  The most important part of what I typed is this. It makes no difference what site you are on  ex-smokers truly care about and want to help each other. There is No judging No games  People here care they want to help.   Trust us We Got You  

indingrl

Cool