cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

aztec

Hi From Aztec

Hi all

I smoked for about 30 years, I quit 5 years, wuit one year when I was pregnant.started again, quit another year in 2005.Now it has been about 285 days and I am using nrts' this tme. 5/5/09 is my quit date and I know tht just one puff will put me back to smoking. Smoking doesn't help anything, it just makes it worse becasue I can't breathe as well.

I want to breathe, I want to exist for my son and my family.

My doctor told me for 10 years that I would get emphsyma if I smoked much longer, I have seen poeple die from it and its's horrible. Drowning with no air. I don't want to suffer like that when I die. I would rather suffer now through the cravings ,alittle now and not alot later.

One day at a time is good and if you slip, get back to it and count today. I don't know if it helps to count the day sor just take it a day at a time. Either way, I hope everyone does it for yourself.

I thot cigarettes were my best friend,ya right a, friend that wanted to killme. That was a hard hurdle. When I wrote my good byel letter I realized that. I also had a hard time with that last cigarette before bed wanting the dopamine high.

I realized I could do my yoga and release endorphins and that meditation calmed me and it's a lasting calm, yoga is the best thing for me and meditation. I use to smoke in the middle of my routine. Didn't help with the brething. My counselor gave me a paper on breathing techniques, I use one of them, they help alot.

Being around people that don't smoke helps too. When I smell it I crave it. If you can not be around smokers thats great, if you must just look at how stupid it looks and is and how those bople are a slave to cigarettes, like I was.

I'll close now

peace aztec

0 Kudos
0 Replies