cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tiffany9

Hi Everyone!

Hi, I'm Tiffany. I' ve been smoking for about 5 years now (I wish my parents had told me how much I'd hate this when I started at 16.) I have had 2 failed attempts within the past year and I'm really hoping I can do it this time. I'm hoping to start using Chantix (man, is it expensive!) My biggest obstacle is that my significant other is a smoker, who has no intention of quitting soon, and we live together. I hope to make some quitting buddies through this community. Wish me luck!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jane12

good luck to you, tifany. i hope you are successful this time. i have been smoking for 27 years and really wish to become a non-smoker. i tried the chantix and it didn't work for me but i know a lot of people who use it and are doing great. i hope that this time quitting works for me because i don't want to smoke anymore. i have to pick a quit date and take it a day at a time.
0 Kudos
homer

Hello Tiffany. Count me as a buddy. I too have tried quiting but failed, but the past is the past and the time is now! We both took the first step in trying to quit. Its gonna be tough but we both can do this! Good Luck : )
0 Kudos

Hey Tiffany, I hope you're live-in will respect your desire to quit. Let us know if the program helps you quit!
0 Kudos
joshua4

what up tiffany , i wish you the best.. im soo proud of you for quiting. Perhaps discuss with your other about smokeing outside..it will be better for the both of you...take care

Josh
0 Kudos
jessica48

My husband doesn't smoke, but my roommate does and also has no plans to quit. It really does help if they smoke outside. And I mean outside. We don't even smoke on the porch, because it's just far to easy to step out there with her.

I've heard excellant things about Chantix and I hope you'll get the chance to try it. I'm sticking to the gum just because of the price difference.

Good Luck!
--JC
0 Kudos
george9

Good luck Tiffany,try the nicotine gum,has helped me alot,keep us posted... just remenber we know what your going through KEEP STRONG

0 Kudos