cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

budfrench

Hi All !

I just joined tonight.  I quit this past Monday morning , after I spent all Sunday night , coughing and hacking and got so little sleep , I realized something had to change.

A little over a year ago, I spent a few days in the hospital with pneumonia , I quit then for a month. I had so many things to live for, I told myself.  Then after I was feeling so healthy and well, I decided I could smoke just one cigarette.  One cigarette borrowed from a friend , turned into another and then......  ten months later, here I am again. This time I must make it last.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
awwc

Welcome Bud.

Have you eliminated the triggers or changed your lifestyle to accomodate not smoking?  Are you going cold turkey or on your on a patch, etc..?

Stay active in your quit and be super diligent. 

No cigs.  Not one puff ever.

Happy you're here!

0 Kudos
budfrench

Thanks, and yes I have strapped a patch on my arm ! The triggers are being managed as best as I can.

Happy to be here !

0 Kudos
joka1324

My quit date was this past Monday morning as well!! It has been a long rough week but I am hanging in there! This site has helped alot! I come here when I am feeling like giving in!  Keep up the good work!

0 Kudos