cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

vol876

Hey guys-day 2

Hey guys,

its day 2 of quitting smoking. I've quit before and always have successes with the patch. Ive been smoking a pack and a half to 2 packs a day for about a year and a half now and have been a smoker for 15 years.

I've been able to quit with the patch for 2 weeks the last time with the patch. I jumped from 21 mg to 7mg skipping 14 altogether and weaning off too soon and lost it lol. the time before I was able to quit a month and a half and get off the patch.

I know cigarettes will kill me sooner or later. im 32, I gave up drugs and alcohol 2 years ago, and I know my body, every bit of it hates cigarette smoke. I saw the commercial where some guy had like 6 major things going awry with his lungs and heart, and it pushed me over the edge to quit again,

It wasnt that hard..until now. I still feel physical cravings and have for the past few hours. granted my first patch ran out and I changed it...so that could be it. im also popped a piece of 4mg nicotine gum with the patch. im worried that if I take too much nicotine, it'll make the withdrawal even worse.

its just hard right now,  but it'll pass...everything does. I did great making it through the first day, but right now is uncomfortable. I don't want to smoking,  but that itchy scratchy craving feeling around the neck throat and chest area is very irritating.

thanks guys,

vala

Tags (2)
17 Replies
vol876

Yesss! Day 4!!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Welcome to the community you've made the best decision that you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definetly the best gift that you'll ever give yourself which is the gift of LIFE, tonight will be another Day WON with many more to come.....

elvan

Welcome to EX and congratulations on your quit.  Remember that no crave ever killed anyone but no one can say that about cigarettes.  This is a one day at a time, sometimes, one moment at a time journey.  I promise you that if you stick with it, it gets easier.  I had many quits that failed in the past, I have now been quit for over five years, thanks mostly to this site.  I came here every morning and every evening at the beginning, I used NOPE, Not One Puff Ever as my mantra and it was so short and so easy to remember that I just said it over and over again.  You have gotten great advice above, please take it, read everything you can about this addiction.  You CAN do this.

Ellen

0 Kudos
vol876

thanks Ellen!

indingrl

CONGRATS VALA AND GOOD JOB! Thanks for sharing YOU have been through this before- please KNOW YOU still have that wisdom and knowledge and YOUR OWN experience strength and HOPE in knowing this too shall pass- YOUR doing good Vala- yahooooooo STAYING NICOTINE FREE - gentle hug.

0 Kudos
vol876

Hugggggz

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Oh, day 4  now? Congrats and welcome to Ex