cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

shirlee

Hey Yourself!

I'm Shirlee. Looking forward to getting to know other ex's. I'm open to support and be supported 😉 Tomorrow is the day for me . . . OK, bedtime tonight is the time.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
hothula

aloha shirlee, congrats on your new quit. hang tight be positive and look forward. stay busy and you will do it
0 Kudos
glenna2

hi my name is glenna an the big day 4 me is tonight when i go to bed i just hope i can do it.any help would be great
0 Kudos
Giulia

Hi Glenna, Welcome to Funland! Looks like you and Shirlee are quitting the same day. Maybe you should become quit partners? Take slow deep breaths when the craves hit. And drink lots of fluids. Keep busy. And scream all you like! We'll be here!
0 Kudos
Giulia

Shirleeeee! Weeee! Ready for the fun?!!! Lots of people here having as much fun as you right now. As a matter of fact Glenna responded to your post and she's starting at bedtime too. You two should hook up. It helps to have somebody starting the same day, I think, to really share the hour-by-hour experience with.

Buckle up and hold on tight! See ya tomorrow.
0 Kudos
dian

Shirlee and Glenna......... good luck and I know you can do it, we'll be here to help.......... tomorrow will be day 7 for me!!!
0 Kudos
glenna2

thank u so much im so down on my self i smoked today
0 Kudos
Giulia

Don't beat yourself up. Try and try again. How badly do you want it? Make it the most important desire in your life and you will achieve freedom.
0 Kudos
shirlee

I am overwhelmed! Reading replies - figuring out how to navigate this thing - it's awesome. Wish I could report great success and progress, but I cannot. But I will try again tomorrow. Cravings only last five minutes, right? That's good info that should help.

Hugs to all and thank you!

Shirlee
0 Kudos
shirlee

But hey, you did four days! That's great, it just proves you can do it. Like Karen said, brush yourself off, stand up straight and start again. Wanna be buddies? I need to start again as well.
0 Kudos