cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rae1985

Tell me why I want to quit!   I am 84 days in - I know I am still in the 6% - time is dragging by - I want to get to 120 days so I can increase my chance of success.  But it seems so slow.  When I was going through my first week - I thought 2 weeks is so much time - but now at 84 days - I think - this is no time, I have so much left to go.  I guess I really just want someone to talk me off the ledge.  

21 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Sorry I wasn't around to help talk you off the ledge.  I am hoping you didn't go back to the dark side because you are in the period of time during your journey when it is NORMAL to feel as you do!  Here is a description of what a person earlier here in our forum described the period from 30-120 days quit:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... .

Just as you had good and bad days earlier in your quit, there will be days now that are challenging.  Hang in there - the best IS yet to come if you remain patient - I promise.  Keep going!!!!

Let me know how you are doing this morning?

Nancy

Rae1985

Better - thank you all for assistance.  Still in the 6% club!

Barbscloud
How are you doing this morning?  It's great to reach milestones to celebrate, but don't look too far into the future right now.  You're still early in your quit, so be patient with yourself.  Remember it's one day at a time.
 Any 84 days is a fabulous start  on your journey!
Have you read about NML?   It's something many of us have experienced.  
Stay close now.
Barb

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... 

maryfreecig

Part of quitting is relearning life. At first time can seem like an enemy, but it is not. By "suffering" through this period you will learn to chose what is most important to you. And doing that gives you something that no hit of nicotine can. You came here for help--that says that you value the effort you've made for over 84 days. Come off the ledge, stick with Ex--a large quit community that is rooting for you. 

One day at a time, you can do this.

SimplySheri

Been there!!  Most of us have so we get it.  The choice is yours, of course, but isn't it great to have a choice?  As smokers, we didn't.  We needed that next one.  Now, we can identify those cravings as cravings but we can choose to walk away from them.  I hope you did

You came here instead, you asked for help, and Mandolinrain‌ did a lovely job of being here for you.  Isn't she the greatest????  I hope you feel better today!!  Sending good thoughts your way......

MarilynH

How are you doing this morning Rae1985, we're all here rooting you on it's going to take time to relearn life without the smokes BUT boy oh boy it's so worth it to be Free stay close because we're all here to help you in any way we can and each day you get through is another Day WON.....

11b2a269608a8dca3d52ad7facc7cd78.jpg

Barb102

Hi Are you still with us?  I sure hope so. You are doing great. Be proud of yourself. Don’t focus too much on the number of days except to give you strength. Please let us know that you are ok. So many people want to help you. I want to help you. We can do this together. Think of the person just starting day one. You are well passed that. Be strong

Rae1985

I got through it - thank you.  My first time posting and you guys are great (well I knew that already - I've been reading your stuff for 84 days). 

Again - thank you all for taking the time to answer my request - like a prayer chain - only better!

Christine13

Glad you are ok Rae1985.  I'm sorry I wasn't here for you, but glad you made it through ok.

SisBB

@rae85 I just jumped off the ledge at 70-some days and then had to quit again and go through HORRIBLE withdraw again. You know you don’t want to be a smoker so don’t put yourself through that again.

I love that you reached out for help! You’ve totally got this! I believe in you! Fresh air is amazing!