cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

midniteleo

Help with separation plan for triggers.

I have been smoking on and off now for a long time. I smoke for all sorts of reasons. I work outdoors as a mail carrier and I smoke in between delivering mail. I am trying to come up with a separation plan to break my smoking habits, especially at work. In the past I have quit when I had to such as being pregnant or getting pneumonia but I have gone back. Now, I am wanting to quit for health and financial reasons but I am having a hard time and getting anxiety over it. Any suggestions? Help please!

40 Replies
midniteleo

Thank you! I was recently prescribed nicotine patches and gum by my doctor. I haven't finished reading the material but I am starting to get some ideas of what I can do instead of smoking. It's time to put them into play! Thanks!

Wantingacig57

MIDNIGHTLEO...YOU AND I ARE "NEWBIE QUITTERS" !!

Together We Can Strengthen Each other through this Journey OF NO TURNING BACK TO THESE DISGUSTING CANCER STICKS !!! ALL ABOARD

0 Kudos
Wantingacig57

Nancy... You Are Awesome !!

Thank You for the Great Advise and also, the Links !!

God Bless You...talk to you somewhere/when the time arises !! Thanx and Much Love, in Jesus Name

0 Kudos
Wantingacig57

Thank You, Thank You and Thank You Soooo Very, Very Much !!! You ARE A SWEETHEART !!!

God Bless You !!!!

0 Kudos
dwwms

Welcome midniteleo‌. You've gotten a lot of good information from some of the Elders above. I'm still a rookie but wanted to tell you that there is a lot of good advice above. I came here in early March, heeded their advice, read up on the addiction (Allen Carr's book is very insightful and helpful). There is a tremendous amount of support here -  from those who have years behind them, to those who are battling this addiction right along with you. It's been 41 days since I quit and I seriously doubt if I'd have gotten this far without what I've learned here. If I had made it this long without this site, I'd probably be miserable - but I'm not!

Doug

Wantingacig57

Thank You so Kindly, Doug for your advice !! CONGRATS ON YOUR 41 DAYS of No Smoking !!!! 

Thankfully I'm a step ahead of Most Newbies as I am already Educated of the "Quit" process !! Although I Am RE-READING MUCH !!!

Speak with you again, I hope!!

Have a Blessed Day !!

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Because you have already received so much guidance regarding the triggers, I will just say I am very happy you have reached and started speaking with this community!  I would not be where I am today had it not been for coming here, listening to what our elders (have been quit 1 year or longer) had to say, using what worked for me, and leaving the rest!  You can do it, you already have the right mind set (because you found us and spoke to us already), just take it one day at the time and you will soon be on your way to freedom from nicotine!

Image result for congratulations, animated

gardenancy8

Welcome to the group!  My quit is going real well, thanks to all the Elders who gave me such good info and got me started on my quit!   Read Read Read and then choose a date to quit.  You will also find quitting with the help of this group and all the knowledge on the addiction that it is so much easier then going into blind! 

Wantingacig57

Amen and Amen !!!

I was "caught off-guard" on my Intended Quit Date, Yesterday!! My visit to the Surgeon yesterday has given me a 3 week from today Date of the "knife" which REQUIRES ME TO BE SMOKE FREE FROM TODAY...Talk about SHORT Notice... Yikes !!! It IS what IT IS !! TODAY... I QUIT SMOKING !!!! PRAYERS PLZ

gardenancy8

sending prayers of strength your way! You got this!