cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Help me quit!

I have slowly reduced my habit to about 8 cigarettes per day. This website (especially the intro videos) have been extremely helpful, but i was interested in any tips yall can offer. 

0 Kudos
19 Replies

Hi my name is Debbie but I like to be called Tinker. I have already quit on Dec 21st,2010. I have had slips but kept on going. So far I have 9 days under my belt. I have found this site helpfully but I also know of another site that has kept me from going under www.quitnet.com  Come chat with us at the Q...if you want real live chat!! I just wanna stay quit and am doing anything I can to achieve that. Wish me luck!! I know I can do it this time.

Tinker

0 Kudos

I've found that pinpointing the "trigger" is key. Find out what's making you want to smoke, then redirect your thoughts. Even if you wait a while and then give in, you're still creating discipline and winning a small battle. Congrats Tinker on your 9 days. Make it 90! 

0 Kudos
divorc101

i am starting to reduce my cigaretts tomorrow. i amstarting college on the 8th of January. i am 57 and have smoked for 42 years. i tried to quit several times and tried using patches one time. they made me very ill. the reason i am starting tomorrow is i just founf this site to help

0 Kudos
phil51

I dont likr to dmoke and rge teast is bad and I wish to live longer I rteing heal hard to quit

0 Kudos
ellimac

day 1 tracking, target quit date is 01 MAR... 

I think I will need a good while to adjust to tracking and I'm hoping that the ritual of recording this crap in a journal fashion will help me.  My target quit is timed close to my 49th birthday.  I really want to be free and clear of this mess a good bit ahead of my 50th birthday!

0 Kudos
jeanne1974

Hi my name is Jeanne and this is about my 3 time trying to quit but I am commited. My quit date is today. I do work a stressful job along with living a stressful life but I want to see my three daughters grow up and I fear smoking may cut my life short and cheat them out of a mother. My father passed away when I was 20 and I still 15 years later feel cheated. I don't want my girls to feel that way.

0 Kudos
lana64

Hi my name is Lana and my quit date is also tomorrow 1/1/11.  I am doing this with my mom each of us for different reasons.  I am not quiting for my mom but for my daughter which was a 41st birthday suprise. 

I promised my mom I would do it with her my father is a non smoker and supportive.  My mom spend the last week in the hospital with pneumonia and a grown in her lung that is not malignant.  I hope this will be better if we quit together.  I am going over this weekend because she cannot leave the house to have her pick out a new purse online and throw all others away.

All my best wishes to everyone on a healthy happy new year without smoking.

0 Kudos
austin11

i think blowing bubbles help on so many levels.   you engage you lungs and have the same hand to mouth motion.

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

I'm an oldie on this site.  We all hang out in Blogs so go there and post.  You will get comments and see lots more action than you see here

0 Kudos
14brody

This is day 3...and I have the personality of a wet tortilla. My mouth is starting to feel and taste better. My resolve is to quit, that is my goal.. No excuses, no slips, just quit and leave it behind. I am keeping my mouth occupied with a drinking straw, thinking about staying really really busy. Getting rid of the triggers. I WANT THIS!

0 Kudos