cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

iquittoday

Help: I need help with...

Adjusting my perspective and shifting my mindset to live healthier and find pleasure in healthy hobbies other than tobacco. 
Suggestions for help, I would gladly and thankfully ask you keep me in your prayers.

in jesus name.

Bless,

Amara 

Tags (2)
7 Replies
indingrl

Hello Amara and WELCOME - the EX team and Dr Hays and ALL the people here have plenty of information for YOU to read - New ideas - NEW things to do when OLD NICOTINE crave HITS YOU - BLOG blog blog and the HELP will come please give us TIME to answer with solutions for YOU to CHOOSE what will worknjust for YOU - which only YOU know YOUR PERSONAL ADDICTION as far as OLD habits OLD patterns - that OLD NICOTINE ADDICTION will attack in sneaky ways - so be alert and REMEMBER please to BLOG BEFORE YOU take that first puff over YOU - I ammso glad YOUR a NON SMOKER

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. All change comes one day at a time, one step at a time. Nicotine in cigarettes causes addiction, but you have come to the right place for daily support. A lot of quitters want to feel better right away. Well it may not take you long to recover, still try to recognize just for today that it is enough to stop smoking.

To do more, well that is action. Action steps make us feel so much better. This to is one day at a time, so try a few small achievable goals just for today. See how you do. My opinions only, take what you need leave the rest. But definitely come to Ex, read, learn, comment, blog as much as you wish to.

Yes you can. ":)(

You're in the right place. We can help you! Read the blogs and then pick somebody to follow and fig into their history of blogs. It helps!

elvan

Welcome to EX, read everything you can find about nicotine addiction, make a plan for your quit you will find instructions/suggestions on the first page of EX, stay close to the site, read blogs, comment, ask for advice, and then take it. YoungAtHeart‌ and JonesCarpeDiem‌ both have wonderful advice to help you start.

It will get easier...

Ellen

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

Glad you're here. I can't say enough about having knowledge of the addiction. From the changes and withdraw symptoms your body goes thru and the types of craves you will be experiencing and how to deal with them 

Yet the true strength comes from within  you.      You can do this

0 Kudos
Barbara145

You can do this.  I smoked for 52 years and was able to quit with this wonderful site and all the good people for support.  Tell yourself "I don't do that anymore"  when you are thinking of smoking.  One day at a time.

0 Kudos

The things you choose should be chosen to provide the dopamine smoking gave you..

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/6040-my-welcome-to-new-members-12-years-of-watching 

0 Kudos