cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

amiray39

Help! I am losing it!

I feel silly typing help on my phone like this but if it can work for me, I guess it's worth it. I am losing my stuff!!! I keep thinking I'm doing good. I mean I'm trying to hold my P's and q's but it's obviously not been good enough! My husband feels I am mean, I guess! I just want to go out to his truck and smoke one. My head keeps saying nobody has to know but me and that I am a better wife when I smoke. Losing it!!! I really thought I could do this and want to but .... I don't know....

25 Replies
elvan

It really will get easier, you have to try very, very hard to be patient with yourself.  Being "mean" is a whole lot better than having COPD or lung cancer...it WILL pass.  It is one step at a time and if they have to be baby steps, so be it.  I am not a better wife when I smoke, I am a smellier one and I showed with every cigarette that I smoked that if I died...my family was on its own.  Smoking does not help with anything but it will fool you into thinking it fixes everything as it stuffs your feelings down.

Ellen

MoeUnfiltered

Keep at it...it’s hard to see the dwarf but it’s freedom and you can do it.

not one puff

(say it to yourself if it help)

this too shall pass

Moe Unfiltered 

8/6/13 had quit previously and made it back

Original quit 2/5/10 was a 3+ pack a day smoker 

indingrl

Hi Ami and thank you for YOUR courage and self honesty - no worries Ami -  you are going through the ups and downs of nicotine withdrawal- STOP and think what your thinking about - Joyce Meyer taught ME that saying STOP and think what your thinking about - OR TO STOP and just breathe - take  3  DEEP BELLY BREATHES and say out loud -  it is written -  I can do all thinks through Christ who strengthens me - in MY Lord Jesus name amen -  IF YOU CHOOSE to pray and ask OUR Holy Helper for HIS help - for those in Christ only - WHO OUR Lord Jesus sealed - ALL believers in Christ. - who CHOSE to BELIEVE and take God at His word -  the gospel of salvation. -  FREE GIFT OF GOD TO ALL for salvation-  it is written in 1 Corinthians chapter 15 verses 1-4 -  please Ami - just ask the Holy Spirit for HELP - He waits for YOU Ami to ask Him for HE is a gentleman HE will NOT force anyone - just read and study YOUR bible for YOURSELF. - don't take MY word in it -  so now. -  I share with you - what I do and then I TRY to HELP by reading blogs here or going to whyquit.com -  I go to watch videos of those who used their last days on earth to -  HELP - ONE person -  to believe they can CHOOSE to stay quit by - NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF EVER - TOGETHER. Please take what HELPS and let go of the rest - thank you. Gentle hug. Hang in there Ami YOUR doing a GOOD JOB!!! Yahoooooooooo 

VAPEASDEADLY

I am eleven days into my quit. I still have a boat load of mind racing and crap.  been questioning my sanity since i stopped. Reading in every possible psychiatric illness possible into the withdrawal symptoms.
It took 4 days for the physicality crap to stop, but the head games are still happening.
I began just slowing my thoughts by prayer, and meditation and not discussing any issue which involved any major emotional decisions until I've stayed clear of the substance,

Today, I pray for release from the insanity and restoration of serenity..
I can relate to the feeling of "losing it".
I have to remember the saying "This too, shall pass.." I just need to remind myself, the time it takes to pass is God's time, not mine. I am impatient.

God hurry up, dammit!! 🙂

virgomama

Good for you VAPEASDEADLY.  You're doing exactly what you need to.  You're right this too shall pass.  Keep breathing, meditating, praying, pledging, walking, whatever you need to do to keep this quit.  It is so worth it.  And the crazy does stop.  Believe me, it does.  You will feel worse about yourself if you lose your quit and have to start at day 1 again.   You'll have to go through it all again.  Hang tight.  You've got this.

Cindy

sweetplt

Day 7 is super...almost through hell week...amiray39 I am so proud of you...gosh I got teared up...hope today comes with no urges or craves...you are doing it...~ Colleen 108 DOF