cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Help!!!Hangin' on by a Thread

Hi Everyone,

I blogged earlier, but didn't put it down as an emergency.  I'm panicking badly.  I have been trying all morning to shake this overwhelming feelings.  I know I don't want to smoke.  And I Know I won't.  I just feel...well I don't know what I feel, but it's not good.  Could use some encouragement and words of wisdom. Thanks!

-Michelle

34 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Sometimes during our quit we get to points like this.  In the beginning it is a pull on us.  BUT, if we resolve that no matter how we feel that we are not going to smoke it lessens this pull.   This is were you find an inner strength that you have never used to quit smoking.  It is a no matter what I will not smoke.  Each time you go through it you get stronger.  One step further up towards freedom.  Hang tough, stay close do not quit on your quit. You can do this. 

The best is yet to come. FREEDOM!

clouds-in-blue-sky.png

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Thanks Jackie.  Your reaching out has helped and I am grateful.

-Michelle

AnnetteMM

Good for you for reaching out!  My daughter likes to remind me that it takes great courage to show up broken.

MichelleDiane

AnnetteMM I never thought of it like that.  I guess for me it's hard because I want to be seen as strong.  It's one of many flaws.  Thanks for reaching back out to me.

Regards,

Michelle

Mandolinrain

Im glad you thought to come here. I am praying for you. Those days can come out of nowhere,.I recall them well. I would have a few awesome days then BOOM one that left me feeling like day one.

Those days I cleaned. Cleaned hard. I had the cleanest house in town. I also drank a lot of ice water, jumped like a mad woman on mini tramp...Vicks vapor rub.

Get out you tool box. The Nicodemon is upset and wants you to fail.

Tell him NO FREAKIN WAY and push through. The other side is fresh and clean and wonderful. AIM yourself that way and don't look back. Love you~Missy

AnnetteMM

Vicks? Like, under the nose?

YoungAtHeart

Yes - just a tiny bit.  The smell will eliminate any tobacco smoke smell  and the slight burn will serve as a reminder that you have quit!

Nancy

Mandolinrain

YES.....That stuff in little blue bottles were instant crave fighters for me. I had them everywhere! I even bought the Vivks inhaler and used it. Worked wonders for me and got me through some ruff patches!

I have those day's too, what I did was go outside and take a deep breath then I grab a peppermint and feel like I am missing something so I grab another peppermint I go thru them like crazy, I do hope you will always come back here it helps so much I love this place. Oh yea and scream if you have to that helps too.keep up the good work you are doing great

MichelleDiane

Well everyone...thank you for your help today.  There were a few points that I wanted to drop onto my knees and beg for mercy (I am sure that would be a problem for my boss), but I didn't.  I put a stick of gum in my mouth (love spearmint) and took a walk outside.  I was a little nervous at first because I used to smoke when I took a walk, so this was a new experience.  It actually was very nice.  It was cool (like sticking your head in the freezer) and the gum felt fresh on my breath.  Had a few more hard moments, but I said N.O.P.E.  I'm glad that I did.  Thanks again to all from the bottom of my hearing heart ❤️

-Michelle

19 DOF