cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

becca7

Hello!!!:)

Hi All!
I need some help with this. This is my first time quitting smoking and I am looking for support from someone who is experienced in the field:) I have a lot of questions so if any one gets a craving please come talk to me instead of smoking 🙂 I am 19 years old and have been smoking since age 12 I grew up in a home where it was just something you did, everyone did it, it was not taboo for a 12 year old to be allowed to smoke in my family, you were supposed to do it. Now that I have moved out and have a really good job where I am the only smoker I feel singled out and I don't want that at all. I hate to smell like a cigarette and I hate ash trays and I hate my home to smell like smoke so it is time...
Thanks,
Becca
0 Kudos
4 Replies
becca7

Hell ya 🙂
0 Kudos
dawn3

Hey, not an ex yet, but I have "quit" for long lengths of time in the past... I think this program may be just the thing. The communication with others who have the same goal and struggle just might do the trick. Good luck, Dawn
0 Kudos
edith2

Hello Becca! There are lots of people in here who are more than willing to give you support, including me! You've definitely got the right attitude about quitting. Smoking is an addiction that tells us we don't have one. The first few days after you quit can be quite uncomfortable, but is well worth it. After the cravings go away, as long as you stay determined and motivated, you can enjoy years, even the rest of your life being a non-smoker. I have 4 1/2 years and it feels great. I started trying to quit when I was 17 and after my last relapse, it took me 30 years to quit again. But I didn't have a support group or even internet. I believe that could have made quite a difference. But I am so grateful that I don't smoke now. The benefits are so great and I believe that anyone that comes to this site can quit.
0 Kudos
edith2

Hello Becca! There are lots of people in here who are more than willing to give you support, including me! You've definitely got the right attitude about quitting. Smoking is an addiction that tells us we don't have one. The first few days after you quit can be quite uncomfortable, but is well worth it. After the cravings go away, as long as you stay determined and motivated, you can enjoy years, even the rest of your life being a non-smoker. I have 4 1/2 years and it feels great. I started trying to quit when I was 17 and after my last relapse, it took me 30 years to quit again. But I didn't have a support group or even internet. I believe that could have made quite a difference. But I am so grateful that I don't smoke now. The benefits are so great and I believe that anyone that comes to this site can quit.
0 Kudos