cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

stebunny

Hello

Hi guys! I too quit in March. Last cigarette was 03/08/08. I am taking Chantix and it works great. I am nervous at the thought of not taking it, but that wont be until 06/08. So far I think I have done just about everything I used to do except for being at a party or gathering where smokers can smoke freely. I live in NY and we cant smoke in bars or restaurants. How are you guys doing and do you have any tips? Have a great weekend.
stebunny
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
tracy9

I quit also in March. March 7th was the quit date and I really have had an okay time with it. Tried the patch, the gum, aricular therapy (ear stimulation) but nothing worked. I tried doing it on my own but to no avail. I spoke to my doctor and he wrote me a scrip for Chantix. Problem is ....insurance won't pick it up. So I went back to the doc and told him to give me something else. And low and behold.....wellbutrin is the key. I take 300 mg every morning instead of the pill in the am and then 6 hours later.like I did when taking the generic form of Zyban, (wellbutrin) I didnt even realize I lost my taste and craving for those sticks. I just did and it came as a complete and total shock. The next thing I know its been a week, then 2 then three and finally I can say its been 1 month and 1 day. Good luck to you all and God bless

Tracy
0 Kudos
stebunny

Hi Tracy,
Good job on the one month one day- I'll be there tomorrow 😉
I tried Zyban 12 years ago and it worked wonders for me too and then... I started again I was only 18 and didnt really think about not smoking- one night I went to a party and there I was back to smoking. Zyban did keep me smoke free for over one year, but as I said I was so young and didnt have the commitment to stay smober. Now 12 years later I am ready and this time quitting feels different- I know that smoking was something I used to do and I am starting to feel OK with the idea of smoking not being a part of my life anymore. Yay us!!! We'll kick this for good 🙂
0 Kudos