cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

norwejn

Hello ya'all. I need help pickin a date.

Stumbled in here, just lookin for feedback from members...I have some questions
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
ellen3

where on the site did you find out about the trigger? just by reading peoples posts?
0 Kudos
norwejn

Well, when I first registered-I viewed all the videos and just kept clicking on the next one. There's also an entire section devoted to triggers. This is ironic for me because "Trigger" has alsways been my nickvame...hahaha
Then, I saw a post where this one member puts 10 minute between her triggers and her next smoke. I been doin that all day. For example, I always fire one up when I get in my truck. NToday, I dont smoke and drive.
0 Kudos
ellen3

I just joined too...not really sure how to navigate things!
0 Kudos
jules3

Im in the same boat. Im looking at June 3rd for my quit date but i keep thinking it'll be just like all the other times Ive tried in the past. i guess i should try to be more positive, maybe it will be the last time i go through it. what are your questions?
0 Kudos
sarah31

This site taught me how to identify my triggers and then do a 10-minute seperation period between my trigger and my cigarette. So instead of waking up in the morning and immediately smoking, I wait 10 minutes. When I quit on June 4th, I won't be so panicked about going through one of my triggers because I'm learning new things to do during that time instead. I think you should decide to do that for a week or two, and then quit. Set your quit date first, so you have it in your head, and then do all of the preparation. You can do it!
0 Kudos
norwejn

Sweet!
That's a killer tip...I can do anything for just 10 minutes...
0 Kudos
norwejn

Actually, the more I navigate this site the more I get my questions answered. I selected a quit date, Friday the 13th (muahahahahaha) and am psyched at the tips and info I am getting.
0 Kudos
norwejn

I, too am strugglin but my patience is payin off...the forums are pretty cool.
0 Kudos
sarah31

Check out the "Relearn Habit" section, and just keep clicking the arrows to go to the next page. It gives examples of what triggers are, but the most important part is to PRACTICE the seperation period for a week or two before you quit.
0 Kudos