cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

katie17

Hello, my name is...

Katie. I just signed up. I haven't set a quit date, but I want to quit. I got back from my lunch break a while ago. I didn't eat - just smoked two cigarettes. I still feel like I can't breathe right, and my break was a half hour ago. I need to quit smoking. I hope this site will help. Please read my blog and comment if you'd like.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
john-pugh

Hi
the fact is if you quit, breathing will not be a problem. Breathing is the EXACT reason I quit. No more, no less
IT WAS FOR ME, and then everyone I knew became benificiaries.

JOHN
0 Kudos
janique

Hi Katie, My name is Janique. I just signed up yesterday and I haven't set a quit date yet. I've been a smoker for 16yrs., and I've quit 6 times in the past. I quit cold turkey the first time. That lasted 5 mo., then started up again. Then I smoked for another 5yrs. I smoked while I was pregnant with my second child until I was 7mo.,but had cut down til I quit for another 4mo. due to breastfeeding then I started up again. Smoked til I was 8mo. pregnant with my third child,and quit for 2mo. due to breastfeeding again. Then started back up again because I went back to work and had a stressed out marriage. My Ex-husband was a non-smoker and was always on my ass about it and I think that might have been one of the reasons I kept doing it more,just to piss him off. I know it really was for my own good but I'm very stubborn. I also have tried to quit with the patch, 3 days later back again. I've tried welbutrin and that didn't work either. So I know how u feel. All I think about is smoking!!!! I would rather smoke than eat! Food is always the last thing on my mind, except when I'm out of Cigarettes or trying to quit. So I'm really scared for myself. It's like I can't function with out having cigarettes. I don't even smoke for the same reasons that I first started. WE Can Do This!!!! We just need a support system like this! For our health we really need to do this!!! I just want u to know that I am here if u need to talk.
0 Kudos