cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

grbrmnn

Hello everyone

I there I have decided to quit smoking this year and have also decided that this is the year that I am going to STAY a non-smoker. I have tried repeatedly over the years to quit and have failed in my attempts, but I am determined that this year is going to be the year that I officially become a non-smoker and stay a non-smoker. I made the decision on the 1st that I would not smoke anymore and I gave the rest of the pack of cigarettes that I had away. I have slipped since then and smoked a couple here and there which I felt horrible for doing because I am so determined. But someone told me that it is going to be extremely hard to quit on my own. I just do not know where to get the help from so I am struggling to do this on my own still. I just want to wish everyone best wishes in your journey to becoming a non-smoker.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
soslow84

Hi GRBRMNN   

This is my first day getting started and already i have had one talking on the phone just that quick, this is going to be very hard i see but we can make it so keep hope alive and keep trying as will i .    

myheart84 

0 Kudos
hman_53

Hi Grbrmnn,

It's very hard to quit.But the main thing is to make up your mind.Try the patch and gum to help you get started.I quit dec12,2009.Yep,not long ago.But i'am hanging in there.There's certain triggers but i seem to work through them.What motivates me is the cost.I'am disabled and on a very fix income.I added it up and found i was paying a lot even per week for them.And i got to where i was smoking the cheaper cigarettes.$3.99 plus tax,And me and the wife smoke.So that;s 2 pkg per day.Do the math.I notice my breathing a lot better.And when you get paid a check by the month,it's hard to pay for anything by the day.Hang in there.Find something to do when the triggers happen.And watch it while on the computer.That's when the triggers really accurs.Get some hard candy or lolly pops.See?I'am going through the same thing you are.

0 Kudos
alliefaye

keep on keeping on, Good Work!

0 Kudos
nomore2010

Hello Grbrmn,  I use the patch and it has been really helpful.  Best of luck!!!

0 Kudos