cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jlemie

Hello all... I'm now a non-smoker!

I have been cigarette free since Monday, April 4th. I know it's only been 3 days, but I feel great and this is the best (and last) time I quit smoking! I feel mentally and physically great... and loving every moment of being a non-smoker!

Here's what's worked for me... the morning cigarette use to be my favorite one of the day. I tried quitting before with the patch and put it on the night before, but when crazy the next morning. So this time I decided to go through my morning routine (had a few extra cigarettes I'm sure, haha)... I got dressed for work, threw on the patch and haven't looked back! It worked out great.

I'm also eating healthy now... breakfast, morning snack, lite lunch, afternoon snack, lite dinner and an evening snack... plus I switched from coffee to tea and have been drinking tons of water. I also started a new job about 2 wks ago... they have a gym and showers here, so I just started exercising on lunch break - a great way to break up the day and feel refreshed at the same time.

Wintergreen mints have also been my life line in between... I'm sure my doctor will be happy that I quit smoking, but my dentist is going to upset after all these mints, hahaha! I just can't do the sugar-free thing...

I wish everyone here the best of luck! Contact me if you need to discuss anything...

0 Kudos
2 Replies

It's so great to read such a wonderful attitude in a new person'ts quit. It makes all the difference!  You are doing great!  Just so you know - we all hang out in the BLogs, so please come and introduce yourself there. See you soon!

0 Kudos

hey JLemie, My quit date was also april 4th, I never check the forums so I didnt see this when you wrote it.

Click on my pic to go to my page. You can send me a message from there or write on my page. Hope to see you around

~Marcie~

0 Kudos